The what did you do to your toyhome today thread

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re painted a soft celery green, new vinyl wood look floor and new mini blindside. Really, really like it!

Really didn't like the first color. Whew.

Been stripping out oven to find out how bad a previous leak was. news is not good looking to rebuild frame from rear to folding bed and repanel. not all the frame is rotten over cab bed was far worse had no frame for the bed. have to remove kitchen sink and work top. good news is that i can remodel oven sink area.

I made a new smaller table for solo trips or with just the two us us. Now we have more room! I still have my old table for when the kids come along! It can be used in two directions, see pics

post-7537-0-02916600-1405917094_thumb.jp

post-7537-0-30753000-1405917121_thumb.jp

I replaced the fuel line going to my generator on the 1992 Warrior I purchased last week. I must have bounced the line loose going up my mogul filled driveway. I noticed a shiny spot on the driveshaft and found the fuel line rubbing on the top of the shaft. It was almost rubbed through! After 2 trips to Advance Auto I had the thing right as rain.

BTW - Never cut a fuel line without clamping it off first...I still smell like gasoline.

Cheers.

Replaced the gas tank fuel vent hose (four feet worth), and about a foot of gas filler hose, where it connects to the gas tank.

Also noticed that my passager side rear axle seal failed, pull the axle and replaced the wheel seals today.

I'm phasing out the Mini blinds on my 1986 Toyota Dolphin. PO put new mini blinds all around. While they look nice and do the job, I think they might be better suited for someone with more delicate sensibilities. I'm always picking up pieces of broken mini-blind. Those slats have the strength of your average graham cracker.

I'm using the same mini blind hangers for the curtains. An 18 inch valence works well enough for the small windows. Now I'm looking for a 36 inch length for the dinette windows. Maybe this, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005U6Y7S0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=38WRBHNJENKW3&coliid=I2H13AZH5YHJH6&psc=1

After reading about tyre pressures on this forum or other one about toys decided to inflate front tyres up to 45psi. what a difference going up 5 psi. Orginal paperwork with toy says 36psi and the front tyres looked deflated so took them up to 40psi improved but not much. will need to replace tyres before end of year. as po had reinforced car tyres fitted. max psi 45. Might improve mpg slightly with right tyres and pressure.

Good improvement.

The bamboo is a fun look and they do cut the glare. But remember people can see right through them and into your rig when you have the lights on inside so they offer no privacy at night time.

Hmmm, thanks for that. I thought they looked a bit more closely woven. but I'm probably wrong.

Would it be possible to attach a cloth "liner" to the outside of the shade to defeat the filtering effect and still retain the interior appearance? Probably a lot of work, though.

had the alternator rebuilt at a local rebuilder and put on new, from Toyota, belts. The alternator was working but only putting out 13.6 volts. It now is putting out 14.4 volts. Rebuilder said my battery never got a full charge.

New rear tires! That makes me feel better. Though now the budget is blown. Ended up with the Yokohamas. I could have been cheaper. Walmart could get the Hankooks but they didn't want to put them on. Another place had the Kooks on their website but they never called me back. So the guy down the street from where I work said he could get the Yokos. Drop it off, walk to work, get it back after work.... Easy peasy. $650, I'm content. It's done. Buy local.

Heading off to PA's Raccoon Creek State Park after work today. Two weeks ago we went to Cherry Springs State Park. That was way up in the hills. Found a few log trucks to convoy with. They ain't too quick up the grades either. Got 14.6 mpg. Seems about right.

Would it be possible to attach a cloth "liner" to the outside of the shade to defeat the filtering effect and still retain the interior appearance? Probably a lot of work, though.

Yeah, I'm too busy, lazy, old. Looking for something that will work out of the box. I really need to tie in the big rear picture window with whatever I come up with. I just recently started to appreciate how cool that window is. Since the rear dinette is my bed, I just left the blinds down. We eat outside. But that big window is really nice. I have to learn to use it more.

Last week I replaced the gas hose from the filler to the gas tank. This week one rear brake cylinder was leaking so I replaced both. 90 Dolphin.

relaminated sidewalls back on mini today tomorrow put new rubber roof on. anyone needing to reglue sidwalls or fix delaminating walls best glue to use is benders #617 or #618 must be sprayed on .adheres on contact. did both complete sidewalls in about 1 1/2

the truth be known benders realy only has three types of glue non-flammable and flameable and white wood glue.the flammable glues are all the same just thinned down to put in a spry pot or left think to roll on. same as the non flammable glues. the numbers mean realy nothing more to get you to buy it. i was told that by a worker at the plant when i picked up the glue for my mini . it is good glue thou

if thats the case why pay three times the price for 3m products when u can go and get the same glue twice as cheap. benders then is getting better glue from somwhere then .3m glues is worthless for what u pay for it. when i can go to the benders plant and get for about nothing

Waiting for FedEx to drop off my new tail light assembly. That right back corner had been smooshed and put back together and the lights are driving me crazy. Sometimes there, sometimes not. The lenses are glued together, the sockets are all bent this way and that. So I sent away to Autozone for a new Bargman, supposedly it should fit right in the box I have which somehow escaped damage. I couldn't see playing with that wiring any longer without replacing the assembly.

So I got my soldering gun, my shrink wrap and I even bought one of those cool little wire strippers. Those big black and yellow ones are too clunky to work with in tight spaces. I'm ready. They say your rear turn signals can either be red or yellow. What if you have one of each? Oh, well; I'll get a new assembly for the other side when it comes around in the budget.

Fitted new wipers just in time as remains of hurricane bertha have hit uk with disasterous results. scotland has had 4" of rain in 12 hours.

Finally added a switch under the dash that cuts out the feed to the relay battery isolator coil. Not using the deep cycle to start anymore and if I'm plugged in I can start the motor without the alternator and convetor interfering with each other.

Love my new LED tail lights. Used to send the kid back to make sure the lights were working, now I can see them in the mirrors. Next project - Updating the converter. I think I'm going to go with that direct swap kit from bestconverter. I know there is cheaper and maybe better but I need easy. I got enough to do.