Inverter installation advice

Vailya

Hello all long time lurker first time poster, i recently bought a 87 escaper and am taking on the project of installing an inverter, solar controller, and 200w panel. i have spent the last few days going circles in my mind so any advice will be greatly appreciated, as i am not very electrically inclined. 

i have a renogy 2000w inverter that i’m trying to install, and i’m confused about the proper wiring while maintaining as much original wiring as possible. 

am i going to need a transfer switch for switching shore power and the inverter power? can i wire the output of the inverter right to my circuit breaker? i want all my outlets to be on with the inverter, if that clarifies anything. 

An ATS would simplify things greatly. Install things so that the inverter is "the generator"

Just cut the shore power cord where you want to mount the ATS. The shore power cord then goes into "power "on the ATS, the inverter to the "generator" and the short bit of the old shore power cord goes to the ATS output. 

A warning of sorts when the inverter is running the RV the original converter is trying to charge the battery that the inverter is drawing power from, a vicious self defeating circle.

Answer.. find the C/B for the converter and remember to turn it off when ever the inverter is running. OR get this ATS that shuts off the converter automatically.

Go Power GP-TS 30

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, linda s said:

Bullshit. It's not rocket science. 

Linda S

What she said.  Easy solar, complete system, instillation instruction is available on the net.  Starting here...https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/

Edited by WME

I could be wrong (!) but, as a guy who works in tech all-day, every-day, I think we might be dealing with a bit of AI-generated dialogue... or somebody's just copying/pasting nice snippets from the Interwebs 😁

Edited by Ctgriffi

1 hour ago, Ctgriffi said:

I could be wrong (!) but, as a guy who works in tech all-day, every-day, I think we might be dealing with a bit of AI-generated dialogue... or somebody's just copying/pasting nice snippets from the Interwebs 😁

Same thought occurred  to me.

Edited by fred heath

yep he's on some other sites i visit

Interesting, I saw the other post and thought the same thing.  It's that "helpful, but vague advice that's totally predictable and reads like a government brochure" tone, that often means it's just AI punching in for duty.

Google Jannickz and you will get at least 9 different forum hits. All show recent posts but no background history. My vote is a “bot”.

Jump in here Jannickz and prove me wrong.

Well I guess we got Botted. We get some English as a second language people, just thought that it was book English. Well I guess it was.

Yeah, seems like a good move.  Thanks.