What 15" SINGLE wheels fit the 1-ton six lug axle?

Linda has mentioned a couple times going to single rear 15" wheel and tires and I'm looking into it.  Anyone doing this now?  Pics of the wheels people are using, or do you know the bolt pattern so I can take a look online?  Extra points if the wheels are also available in the front 5 lug 15" so they match (ish...) Thanks in advance.

I believe she’s talking about the foolie axle. The 6 lug ff Toyota axle uses a weird bolt pattern. No aftermarket wheels are available. You could have some made custom but would be mega $$$.

Ah, got it.  Was hoping to improve ride with singles on the I ton 6 lug when I install it.  One day may also lift n 4wd it and singles are better for offroad trail use.  Thanks for the correction.

you can find a 1 ton junk and swap the front hubs and wheels so only one spare

Singles would have to be custom made to fit the lug pattern. A few years ago one of our members had some made at Stockton Wheel. Don't know if they are still doing that. Your wheels are still not going to be interchangeable because of the different patterns front and back. I only carry a spare for the front. I have gotten flats in the back several times. I remove the bad tire, blow the remaining one to max and drive slowly until I can get it serviced. 

Also, even if you add a sway bar, nothing gives you more stability on the road than the duallys. They don't make it run rougher either. Don't know where you got that idea

Linda S 

Well, I'll just stick with the duallys, then.  I've got plenty on my plate with the project and don't need to add to it.  Not the end of the world to have only a spare for the front, which is what I'll also do.  The donor axle vehicle does not have a rear sway bar, but mine does.  So I'll be welding on the mount when the spring perches are moved. 

On dually ride quality, they essentially hit twice as many bumps as you're "plowing" two lanes and a single tire would miss exactly half the bumps.  Additionally, whenever you add unsprung weight to an axle, ride deteriorates accordingly.  So those are the main contributors to the challenge of ride quality and duallys.  TIre pressures can make a massive difference in ride quality and I plan to play with it a bit to find the sweet spot.  Sigh.  All months away at this point....

I agree on the dualie ride thing, with the caveat that it only applies to dry pickups, and to a lesser extent bobtail semis.

I delivered for UPS for 8 years, and those trucks never had the bounce from the rear that the dualie pickups have.

By my personal experience in my new to me dolphin, you’ll never know there’s dualies back there.

So, I'm unfamiliar with the "rules" regarding tire choice for duallys.  With an estimated rear axle load when I'm done and fully loaded of perhaps 4000lbs, dividing that load by 4 tires would require only a high load tire, but not a full on commercial load rating. That may yield softer ride qualities versus a heavy D rated tire that can handle 1800lbs or so (7200 total for the 4 tires).  

I'm sure that 4 D rated tires is a greater margin of safety, but that's 7200 lbs of tire capacity for a 4000lb load and would really crash and bang with a stiff ride.  I'd think if I found 4 tires rated at perhaps 1200lbs for a total capacity of 5000lbs  would be a normal margin of safety, but have not yet researched this.

Anyone have guidance on that?  

Some of the late models came with C range tires.

Will you have a spare rear tire? If no rear spare then you have to figure one tire carrying the load on one side as you limp to the next tire store. 

P.S. I gone over 100 miles on 3 legs.

You're talking about running the tires at max pressure. None of us do that, but when needed we have the capacity to blow them up if needed. If you're ride is really harsh you need to look at the suspension. Even so, it's never going to drive like a Cadillac.

Can't really see much of that car but looks like a Mazda rx7 to me

Linda S