I upgraded my 3.0 to a 3.4 motor and it runs at correct temperature all the time except when climbing mountains which makes it start over-heating. My friend has the same issue.

We have tried various fixes but still the same issue. I want to replace the 2 row stock radiator with a 3 row. Internet sites advertise they have it and it is a direct fit but when I order and receive it they are around 3 inches to tall.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a 3 row radiator that really is a direct fit for a 1991 Toyota PU?

What are the dimensions of the radiator you need?? Get them and call these guys. Pricey, but they have been doing this for 42 years + 

Note aluminium radiators are rated differently than copper/brass ones.

https://www.griffinrad.com/custom_radiator.php

Maybe Linda will have a part number for copper/brass model that will fit for a bit less.

Edited by WME

Redline makes a product called “Water Wetter” that’s supposed to reduce coolant temperature by as much as 20 degrees.

Less than $15 a treatment. Might be worth a try before upgrading your current radiator.

Thanks Linda, but I already purchased one of those 3 row equivalent radiators and it didn't help. I was thinking of something more like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175624217192

But this would be for a 4 wheel drive Toyota PU. It has to say RWD Toyota PU. That is where I made my mistake in ordering. I have searched a lot and I do not think there is one like that and no 4 row either.

I might try the redline Water Wetter.

I must be missing something. You asked for a stock fit 3 row radiator and that is what the one I posted is. I don't know what a 3 row equivalent radiator is. The Csf one is an actual 3 row. Maybe you purchased an off brand? Csf make the best radiators you can buy. No cheapys here

Linda S

ok now I see it

3 row all metal CSF 2057 for $276 at Rock Auto.

I think that is what I am looking for.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

I had a bad experience with a CSF 3 row radiator. Bought new from Rockauto. Truck ran hot during normal driving (temp needle almost at red). A mechanic said the stock water pump may not be powerful enough to move coolant through the extra rows in the radiator.

The problem was the radiator for sure.  Maybe it was a defective radiator.  I removed the CSF and re-installed the old radiator and truck ran at normal temp.

Must have been defective. The conclusion that it was at fault for higher temps defies logic.  Same on the water pump explanation.  Who installed it?

• 4 weeks later...

I installed a CSF 3 row on my old 22re after it ran a bit hotter after boring the engine. It took care of the heat problem and was a direct fit install. I have another CSF on standby for my 3.0 build I'm currently finishing up 

Edited by Odyssey 4x4