Moisture In Fridge

Water,water every were ,had fridge condenser rebuilt around two years ago been working fine,

freezer keeps every thing frozen but constant moisture in main compartment, so much that it drips into puddles?

I agree with Linda. Recommend thermometers - one in freezer & one in frig.

Do you have a catch tray below the cooling fins? Mine does - when that thing is working hard and the door is open a lot, the fins ice up and if and when they start defrosting, a lot of water can gather there. It needs to be dumped a lot in high humidity high temp scenarios.

My unit is fairly new - an older unit that is just barely doing the job will drip alot.

I like to see 0 in the freezer and mid 30's in the frig .

And yes, keep the door closed!

Thank,s

next question where do I get a new moulding and how to remove and replace old one ore is it possible to rebuild old one

by adding to it?

Dometic RM641

OMG the gasket kit is 142 dollars. I've never replaced mine. Hope I never have to.

Here are replacement instructions

http://www.dyersonline.com/aitdownloadablefiles/download/aitfile/aitfile_id/2827/

And a cheaper gasket

http://www.pdxrv.com/catalog/i2410.html

Linda S

Drill a hole in the front of refer door, at an angle, and insert a digital meat thermometer. Now you have digital read out of the temp inside your refer without opening the door.

post-1172-0-56486100-1437059113_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-00848300-1437059267_thumb.jp

Get a fridge gasket at the dump from an old home fridge? They are magnetic so I guess they can say that's why the are so expensive.

I also use a wireless thermometer when checking the frig temp. I also use the same one when parked to see what the outdoor temp is.

• 4 weeks later...

Have new gasket, any advice on removing old one and installing new before I Start?

Here are the instructions you need. They are in a document from Dometic that was in the replacement gasket kits. It shows step by step exactly what you should do and also tells you what not to do when you go to remove the old one and how to install the new gasket.

http://www.beamalarm.com/Documents/dometic_gasket_repair.html

• 4 weeks later...

does your frig have a drip tray? If so if you keep it dumped, a lot of your "dripping" will go away.

yes moisture gets inside. doors opening (and being left open longer then necessary), warm humid air replacing the cold, doors not shut all the way (easy to close the top and not push on the bottom corner).

My coils ice up - when in warmer areas they do start to melt slightly - on really hot days they can create a lot of "dripping". Keep the tray dumped.

A bad door seal is a possibility, but I bet not.