Stranger in a Strange Land

WME

That’s really awesome. I always wanted an astro tiger awd to build out, they’re just too hard to find! 

I had an astro and wasn't impressed. Myriad small problems and irritations. Uncomfortable small driver compartment and I am not a tall man. Bad gas mileage stock; as a camper probably comparable to the other big America class C's. Looks neat but a pass from me. 

15 minutes ago, Scott iv said:

I had an astro and wasn't impressed. Myriad small problems and irritations. Uncomfortable small driver compartment and I am not a tall man. Bad gas mileage stock; as a camper probably comparable to the other big America class C's. Looks neat but a pass from me. 

We have a “normal” astro we use as an extra vehicle / parts getter. Reliable little van, and being able to fit 8x4 sheets in the back is awesome. Agreed the driver compartment is pretty cramped. 

Had an Astro way back when. Ran forever. This one looks to be really shortened. Wonder who was modifying the chassis.. I would imagine it would be a challenge to keep it from swapping ends in the rain.

Agree that looks like a standard wheelbase. The height makes it visually shorter though. Interesting the coach entrance is on the curb side for Japan, but it would suck to have that facing traffic when parked at a USA curb, plus campgrounds are set up with amenities like green space and picnic tables on the opposite side when you back in. So with this rig, your awning and door would face your neighbor and the sewer and other hookups.