Roof HELP! Other than setting this on fire, any other more realistic options?

Mine is very basic. No remote, no automatic lift. All manual. It's not like you have to walk very far to change the settings. Oh and 18 years ago I paid $179. My favorite part is the built in rain shield. Most vent fans require you to put those permanent rain shields that always stick up on the roof. I don't like the look of them. Wanted my sleek little Sunrader to stay that way. Even when the Maxxfan is up it looks very streamlined

Linda S

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m dealing with dead cab A/C, and am looking at maybe upgrading the system to allow for a rear condenser.

That wouldn’t help while parked/camping however…

Newer semi trucks use electric A/C, 12/24V, but are pretty expensive, and the batteries to enable all night use would be even more expensive. Neat though.

The Sunrader roof just doesn’t seem like a good idea to put much weight on imo.

The composite construction is only as good as the urethane foam can maintain a decent bond to the fiberglass, once that has failed, won’t be very strong at all.

Ssunrader, your 91 21footer has 2 large metal crossbeams supporting the roof. Have you been on the roof? I go on mine all the time to clean it and my 86 doesn't have any crossbeams. It's solid with only the slightest give. AC should not be a problem for yours

Linda S

On 10/20/2022 at 5:35 PM, thewanderlustking said:

Sooo AC….  I definitely want AC for Florida summers. But the reality, is we have never gone camping in summer here before. So if I even NEED it is the first thing to figure out. Right now I need the heater working more than the AC on.  I’ve never checked that lol…

The plan to redo the ceiling, will also let me get in there later and add in more bracing if need be.  

After you get your roof problems solved and start working on the solar part of things, you may find this very useful.

https://watts247.com/product/pip-1012lv-ms/?wpam_id=3

Minimal wiring and an easy hookup. AND it even saves you $$

Edited by WME