Not A Toyota But Same Size - Interesting Conversion Work

zero

I just got back to central NY to clean out all my tractors, autos, RV stuff, etc. While driving a back road - I spotted this. I know nothing about it and it seems the owner is in Florida until the snow goes away. I don't like to walk up to stuff like this without asking but since I'm heading back to Michigan soon - I walked over and took some photos. Obviously started life as a LeSharo or Phasar with a 2.2 liter gas engine and front-wheel drive, along with 14" tires like a Toyota. One difference is - these little French Winnebagos have a higher GVWR with only single 14" tires in back with four-lug wheels. Anyway, as you can see in the photos - it now has 8 lug wheels and 16" tires. I looked closer and it appears it is now rear-wheel drive and has a V8 engine. Looks like a real nice job was done. Wish I could look closer and ask the owner questions. But I figured I was already taking chances snooping around. It's parked in a dirt lot behind a closed diner.

post-6578-0-17608900-1428111951_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-80425700-1428111955_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-63346400-1428111961_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-22098700-1428111963_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-85398900-1428111964_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-23583700-1428111966_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-53493300-1428111967_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-83392400-1428111968_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-24613200-1428111970_thumb.jp

Yeah first one was an attempt at making a super mini. Available 81 and 82 with a Chevy 350 engine. I've seen quite a few of them. I like them. They made a lot of different floor plans on this one considering they made it for such a short time

Linda S

Winnebago has let their 'stylists' loose on GM products a few times. A giant fail in my opinion. :)

main.jpg

Well - I'll be d*amned ! Are you saying that thing is original?? At a glance it looked like a Lesharo with some odd differences. If Winney actually made them that way - I guess that's why the driveline parts look like they fit so well. I was in a hurry and hadn't looked close at a genuine Lesharo or Phasar in quite awhile. Ironically, I'm going to start cutting up a Phasar tomorrow. Anybody want to buy an 86 Phasar with a good running engine and lock-up auto trans and sound 14" tires for $300? What a shame, but TO the junkyard it goes.

We had one of these...350 / 400 thm drive train.............1981.........can't upload photos #@$$%#$#$%$ ! ! ! donnie

I GIVE UP............10 photos of my old 1981..........can't get photos on this site....every one seems to have a different method..feeling stupid.., I'm out .donnie

We had one of these...350 / 400 thm drive train.............1981.........can't upload photos #@$$%#$#$%$ ! ! ! donnie

Sounds like it was very rugged and a dog on gas. My 1977 Chevy van with a 350 and a TH400 got around 11.5 MPG and that's just a bare van.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hi: Thanks for the response. Sorry that you got two pictures but we are just trying to figure out how that happened. Our screen didn't show a picture but I guess that is good if they came through anyway. Do you know if that is a normal way for the pictures to load up. We are not very picture literate and each forum seems to have a different procedure.

Donnie has been trying to send pictures of the various motorhomes that we have owned but has been unable to do so. He is an excellent technician on transmissions but doesn't know crap about computers. He also can't type. Signed his wife

Linda, sorry I did not answer your question, busy trying to get this photo thing in my head

The fuel mileage we got on this truck was about 11 or 12...we only had it for about 2 years....donnie

What was showing on your screen? Did you get 2 thumb nails of the same view? I cannot see what was sent..Took me 2 hours last night to get a photo up on the Coleman Collector's site....I just started pushing buttons...

Here I go with trying to send another view..donnie

This should be a view of the passenger side from the right front..

I beg all viewers to forgive me while I try to learn this procedure.

I can be a LOT more helpful to this forum after I learn this process......thanks, donnie

Weird. I saw a pic at first but now that I come back to the post there is just a thumbnail but no picture present. I don't know much about pics either or why that would happen.

Now that I think about it my friends RV with the 350 was a 1990 and they might have improved the mileage some by then.

Linda S

1990 might have had a little improvement, but I doubt by much. My 1989 Chevy Suburban with a 379 cubic inch diesel, 3.42 axle ratios, and a TH400 auto trans got a best of 13 MPG pulling a small 20 foot camper trailer on a flat highway @ 60-65 MPH. A 1990 350 gas engine would of done worse, not better, UNLESS it had a lock-up converter with OD. I don't know if any RV company was ever brave enough to stick a lock-up OD auto trans into an RV until the 4L80E came out in 1991. The 4L80E is basically a reworked TH400 with OD and lock-up converter added. In fact some of the gas 350s with throttle-body fuel injection got worse mileage then older 350s with carbs.

What am I doing wrong? Could it be that I am linking you back to my computer? As long as I had the photo open, you could view it?

I once sent a photo of a Lantern to a friend & he got a HELL of a lot more than I thought he should have gotten. like 1/4 of my computer :-(

At least he called me told me. that was 2 years ago & I don't know any more now than I did then

Am I repeating that procedure again HERE on this forum.....My wife get pissed, when I ask her for help. She came in & typed 1 question for me.

Otherwise I am on my own....When I had my shop, there was someone else that took care of the computer...I never paid much attention to it..

Now I feel like a 10th grader who never paid attention in class...I don't understand computer language, type with 1 finger...& make a lot of fumbles.

I don't use a hosting site, I don't belong to SPACEBOOK. & I have no one to help me...So I may as well pack it in..very annoyed & embarrassed

donnie

well I never said but I cant type don't have full use of left hand for last 40 years I type one finger right hand don't know squat about computers done tones of wrench turning and we will all learn LOL don't spell eather if these nice people on here can put up with me we can very well put up with you . spent 40 years on pre computer machines and much longer with tools. were not ever giving up.

Yes, I did manage to get a photo up, after a lot of guess work But now I don't know what I did???????

Something worked, but not sure what..........

Yes Karin, the old Airstream is cool.......it is a 1958...we use it as a guest house & store some things in it....A lot of chances to sell it, but we kinda like

............................ donnie

post-7289-0-81652800-1428715069_thumb.jp Can this be seen?

post-7289-0-81652800-1428715069_thumb.jp

Still not correct %$#&%$&%&&$##$ :-(........... try again

OK team.........when I select a photo from my computer what do I do with it to get it into the reply box ??

I managed to get a couple up, but there seems to be no pattern that I can discern.....donnie

OK, there is nothing showing.....thinking that there is nothing there, but when I PREVIEW it,

there is a photo showing....going to submit & see what comes up

Then I must preview EVERYTHING...to see if the photo gets attached ??? YES??

Can hardly wait until I scan a photo & try to post it

post-7289-0-79365000-1428716235_thumb.jp

Thanks Derek, I think that I am getting there...but not sure yet.. It has been a long day, I'm going to catch the weather & hit the sack..

I may try to repeat my last procedure tomorrow & see if I can nail this thing,,,I feel really stupid & annoyed at myself for not paying attention

when I had a chance to learn.......karin has been helping me.........donnie

Not sure what Karin is showing you so hopefully this doesn't just confuse matters...

If you select reply to topic (the large box at the top, not the "quick reply" at the bottom), you have an area under the text box that says "attach files". So yeah, you click the "choose file" box, then choose the photo from your computer. Once it has uploaded, you click "attach this file". You can then add it to the post by clicking "add to post".

It will look like this at first. But that's just the programming code. The photos will be there when you post. But yeah, you can "preview" it to make sure they're there. All the stuff in the brackets [attachment-blah-blah] is the code for your photos.

So it will look like this:

post-6535-0-29067700-1428720456_thumb.pn

But show up like this when you post:

post-6535-0-28806800-1428720742_thumb.pn

I do not have the " use full editor" option

I'll give it another go tonite...thanks for being patient & for all your help,

All ideas are welcome...I seem to be the only one with this problem

If you are going to allow me to practice on this post..I will keep trying 'till I get it

Let me know when you have had enough............donnie

If you are interested, I am on the trailing end of technology....I am using my old shop computer, which I bought just before closing the shop..

running windows 7..............my original camera was a gift from my step son & defaults to 2002.....I recently updated my camera to a Canon power shot

16mp...........& my cell phone is at least 6 years old......My wife has much newer equipment....but refuses to help me.......

"You had years when you could have taken the time to learn, but you were always too busy ....Not now, maybe later"

Well this is later big boy.....figure it out..........????