Not A Toyota But Same Size - Interesting Conversion Work

zero

"Use full editor" is only necessary if you're using the reply box at the bottom. If you go all the way to the top right of the page and click the "reply to this topic" button, you automatically get the full editor.

If you're going to use the quick reply box at the bottom of the screen, you have to first click "more reply options". Then you'll be able to use the full editor.

But in the end, if you're using outdated software that isn't compatible with the bells and whistles of this site, we may not be able to help.

"Use full editor" is only necessary if you're using the reply box at the bottom. If you go all the way to the top right of the page and click the "reply to this topic" button, you automatically get the full editor.

If you're going to use the quick reply box at the bottom of the screen, you have to first click "more reply options". Then you'll be able to use the full editor.

But in the end, if you're using outdated software that isn't compatible with the bells and whistles of this site, we may not be able to help.

He is on Window's 7 so that is not the issue.

A video tutorial on this subject would work best for him as he could review it whenever he needs to refresh his memory.

But I am not going to be making on this subject as I am not set up for making video tutorials and I don't want to spend time on that learning curve. It won't be happening this year or next year.

No idea how old Windows 7 is.

I always thought how internet sites and forums show up and function on your computer depended more on what web browser you're using than what operating system, but my tech knowledge is spotty at best!

At my last job I did a lot of tutorials for people who had pretty much no computer experience, to help them enter data into our online grant application system. Video tutorial is sure nice, but completely unnecessary.

Not saying you should do this, just saying.

All you need to do is take screen shots of the different steps and paste them into a word document, with whatever text you think is helpful, typed in between screen shots. Step by step. If I had my old work computer and not this mac, I could do that in about 20 minutes. What I don't know is how it would be different on Windows 7 than whatever the modern version is.

What's a cell phone? :)

Derek, I appreciate your humor..Please excuse my terminology as I refer to ALL these mobile phones as cell phones...Smart phones included.

My old Samsung Convoy is good enough for me/. I have NO desire to lug around a phone that I need a special holster for...For me & my activity it would last less than a day....This little phone fits in my pocket, makes & receives calls, etc... is VERY durable, has been lost in the leaves for a week & found still charged & working fine...dropped a few times etc. need I go on? I am happy with it..

My wife can do all that is needed with her phone/ such as set the alarm, check the temp when we are out..activate the heat/cooling....turn off or on the lights, bla, bla..... OH YEA....she has to have a special pouch for it & carry it in a purse, pocketbook, or belly band You choose the term. .ONE exception, many years ago my 1st phone was not called a CELL phone, but we all called them bag phones, as they were exactly that..lugged around in a shoulder bag & mostly kept in a service vehicle or my car....I think I still have it around here somewhere in the parts room.

Anyway, I hope that is defined to your taste............. :calm: ..........donnie

A video tutorial on this subject would work best for him as he could review it whenever he needs to refresh his memory.

But I am not going to be making on this subject as I am not set up for making video tutorials and I don't want to spend time on that learning curve. It won't be happening this year or next year.

Karin & Zack.....thanks for all that you BOTH have done.. I think I have a grip on it now so I am going to give it a break for a while.

I watched tutorials on You Tube but they were all trying to hook me up to a hosting site..Photobucket, Shutterfly, Flicker....even SPACEBOOK.. :rolleyes: ,

Last week when we were discussing trans oel leak's.... I wanted to take a photo of the bushing puller & installer load it into my compuker & send it.

But didn't bother as I was not confident that it would show...I was not aware of the "full editor"............see how easy it is to miss something when you are just pushing buttons..........My old XP would let me back out of a lot of things if I made a mistake....this machine, not so forgiving....or I'm just lacking the basics......?????????......I'm sure it will, if I knew how ..so I'll just keep pushing buttons & hoping I don't run outta luck .. ONWARD, Donnie.

My 73 Travco..........

post-7289-0-36258500-1428885498_thumb.jp

Still working this out............my Travcopost-7289-0-49843800-1428886450_thumb.jp

rear view looking toward the back

It's in the bag....... Thanks to all of you for allow me to practice on this forum....Your help & kindness is appreciated

.....................................Donnie........................

r.

Refresh his memory,.......... what memory?.............. Who is this? ....Oh, Karin, is that you....big laugh.

Thanks for your re-sizing help....that was EZ, and your help was a lesson well learned............donnie

Zach, your help with "the full editor" was great.........I was not aware of it...editor, full editor, Quote, Multiquote

the above language is foreign to me, well it was....I am slowly getting there...donnie

Im admiring your 73 travco. Looks like you have a private patio on the rear, very nice!

Hi, yes that deck has come in very handy, as we can never pass a second hand shop or a junk store....mostly junk stores because once things hit the antique malls..they are too costly for us...We both love roadside Americana , farm auctions, estate sales & flea markets..There is VERY little new decor in our cabin.......thanks for the compliment......donnie

Yeah that looks really nice. Kind of rare to see actual art in someones camper.

Hi Zach, thanks for the nice words..........the engineering side of my brain takes a break ever now & then & the other artsy side overwhelms me

and I drift into another mode....I'm working now on my Chinook, just starting with the interior..outside is pretty complete.....donnie

Hello Karin....very keen observation...the old Airstream & now Zappa from just his head....how do you like the lamp on the rear night stand? wired for 12 volts.....I am going to try a couple more photo sends to see if I really have it down.....Yes the interior is original, from the curtains down to the green shag carpet......The cabinet doors are my art work ....made from trash...junk jewelry, car parts & misc found objects...much fun,.........donnie

Here is a bit of my art showing the cabinet doors above the sink & stove..........wanna guess what the brown pouch is hanging on the kitchen wall? hint: we live on a mountain in the woods but are surrounded by farms........donnie

post-7289-0-83735700-1429055476_thumb.jp

Here is a view looking forward showing the original shag carpet, some art & a front section of Davids body.. :omg:

post-7289-0-14404900-1429056374_thumb.jp

post-7289-0-48375200-1429059466_thumb.jp

Thank you all for your help...you have all been great in allowing me the opportunity to practice in the thread..

Many of my posts were Travco & not Toyota, but you all got to see into a small piece of my cluttered mind.

I will end this with a post of my Chinook..............onward..............donnie

Hello Karin....very keen observation...the old Airstream & now Zappa from just his head....how do you like the lamp on the rear night stand? wired for 12 volts.....I am going to try a couple more photo sends to see if I really have it down.....Yes the interior is original, from the curtains down to the green shag carpet......The cabinet doors are my art work ....made from trash...junk jewelry, car parts & misc found objects...much fun,.........donnie

Now isn't it a real coincidence that I too have a 12 volt Art Nouveau bronze nude light fixture that will go into my motorhome? Mine is packed away but this one in the photo is another piece from the limited edition. The artist who sculpted the piece is a friend so I have several of his 12 volt light fixtures. His ex wife posed for this one. No problem finding space for it and it doesn't weigh very much either ;)

9ca3efa0a16d62b7c4561d73ff3dc05f.jpg

Yup Donnie is definitely rocking a wild side. Cool stuff

Linda S

Yep, ole Donnie has rocked the wild side, a couple of times.. and it has been a great ride.. & I'd do most of it over again if I could.

thanks Linda for reading the thread & for your comment.........donnie ...... :ThumbUp:

Now isn't it a real coincidence that I too have a 12 volt Art Nouveau bronze nude light fixture that will go into my motorhome? Mine is packed away but this one in the photo is another piece from the limited edition. The artist who sculpted the piece is a friend so I have several of his 12 volt light fixtures. His ex wife posed for this one. No problem finding space for it and it doesn't weigh very much either ;)

9ca3efa0a16d62b7c4561d73ff3dc05f.jpg

That is kinda weird, but cool ! So is the spelling...I before E --xcept after C....only in Budweiser, I thought....wrong ! The spill chicker caught me on the word.....anyway...... I mean the Toyota / Art Nouveau

common denominator is not really weird but for sure, cool ....I think that there are a lot of "commons" that we all share, but mostly they are kept within, sort of a shield to self preserve.

Your bronze is cool, I'm glad that you like it & that you are going to designate a special place for it in your Toyota....This whole thread was fun & enlightening for me,,,Probably boring to most of the members, if anyone followed us??? thanks to both of you..it was fun............donnie