Megasquirt Ecm Kit For 22Re - This Is Too Cool

For those electronic buffs who want to get into the guts of the EFI on your toyhouse, check this out.

DYI_pnp ECM - $425.00

post-4544-0-84585500-1386075733_thumb.jp

They state its plug and play compatible with the toyhouse (22RE), but I think the ECM controls other stuff besides EFI. I'd need to look into this a little more, i.e. O/D control.

I noted that the kit has a proto area so you could probably add things like custom O/D control circuits into the ECM.

One of the huge advantages is complete access to the software, tables, etc.

1) It looks like you could get rid of the Distributor and go with an electronic waste spark system.

2) Change EFI from bank injection (all injectors fire at same time) to sequential, (only fire the injector for the cylinder needed)

3) complete access to all parameters of injection and ignition tables (WAY COOL)

4) Complete access to the software code, (I love this part)

This is too cool - no longer a slave to Toyota ECMs and what they want.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Right, now you find this way cool thing. Right when you have sold your Toyota and can no longer try it out and tell us all how to use it. Reprograming stuff is not in my skill set.

Linda S

You also need good soldering skills.

If good soldering skills means you end up with a lump of solder bigger than the part you were working on I'm good

Linda S

The bigger the blob, the better the job. Also applies when welding

If only I had a spare Toy to experiment with.

Given that lately I changed a bad thermostat only to bust a stud while trying to remove the cap. Yeah something so easy gets so complicated. I'm not going to take a chance with an ECM that seems to work just fine.

I do admit though I think it's a cool little gadget.

the same product is very popular with bmw e30 owners.

but those are used in racing leagues. nobody really races toyota trucks so I doubt too many people invest in something like that.