How many miles on your Toyhome per year

ShaggyRV

Hello all. I thought this might be a fun thread. I bought my Granville last April but didn't use until July. It had 59 Kmiles when I started out. I now have 69Kmiles. I have been to Key West. Jacksonville Fl twice. Myrtle beach and some local trips. It seems to add up quick!! What do you guys do?

Currently, 5K per year, my last four rockhounding trips have been cancelled due to bad weather.

First year, I headed out of Memphis through Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, NM to the Petrified Forest, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and back home. In Dec, made a trip to FL, parked the camper at Disney World FT Wilderness.

Second year, another trip to FL, Patrick Air Force base next to Cape Canaveral. I had my eyes lasered at JAX Naval Hospital. Girlfriend and I visited Sea World and Universal.

Next trip to Memphis to St. Louis, Omaha, to an Air Force Base in South Dakota. Explored the Bad Lands, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse memorial, Sturgis (week before the big rally). Headed to Cheyenne, then the Air Force Academy for a few days and headed back through Kansas, spent the night in Wichita and home.

Have made numerous rockhounding trips to Hot Springs and MT Ida Arkansas for crystal, Marion KY for fluorite, Dallas Texas for ammonites, Park Hills Missouri for quartz. I often have a row of filled 5 gallon buckets in the center aisle of the camper, walking on top of them to get to the bathroom.

Some day I will retire and then put some real miles on the odometer.

Most of my trips are 20-30 miles to a Michigan state forest campground or 75 miles to my in-laws. Makes way less than 1,000 per year.

We are at 57,840 miles for 5.5 years=10,516 miles per year. Thats more than we have on our 2004 tacoma truck. Darrel

The first year we had the Toyhouse, we bought it in late August and put about 2000 miles on it.

Last summer we put about 6000 miles on.

This summer we have plans for about 5000 but next year we have a couple of trips that should be about 12000 miles.

Yep. Which is why I initially believed a 35 year old vehicle could have only 48,000 miles. But I'm still not sure...

In the end, it's all the same. 148,000 on a 20R with the dual row timing chain is still no big deal. And based on the condition, I don't believe it's 248,000, so it's all ok!

Yep. Which is why I initially believed a 35 year old vehicle could have only 48,000 miles. But I'm still not sure...

In the end, it's all the same. 148,000 on a 20R with the dual row timing chain is still no big deal. And based on the condition, I don't believe it's 248,000, so it's all ok!

A pretty good indicator would be how much rubber you have left on the brake and clutch pedal pad. If really worn down you might want to go with the higher #.

That's the way our 83 was used - fishing trips to the river 15 miles from the previous owner's house every couple weekends for years along with a few long weekend trips only accumulated 35k over 30 years....but that'll change shortly, hoping to put around 7-8k on her this summer.