Toy Air Conditioners

Hi, another newbie Toy owner here, at least we will be later on this week.

I have a question I was wondering if ya'll could help us with?

We are getting a 1986 (title says 1987) Toyota Gulfstream 4 cyl., 18' long, but it needs a new air conditioner. Does anyone have any idea what they cost or can be found at?

TIA, runaround

Edit: I should have said which one, I meant the coach air conditioner....sorry.

Another edit: Did I put this in the right section?

Edited by runaround

welcome some on here have removed them and sold them brand new they are about a 1000 dollors maybe it can be repaired local rvshops wreacking yards do often have rvs for parts

Hi, another newbie Toy owner here, at least we will be later on this week.

I have a question I was wondering if ya'll could help us with?

We are getting a 1986 (title says 1987) Toyota Gulfstream 4 cyl., 18' long, but it needs a new air conditioner. Does anyone have any idea what they cost or can be found at?

TIA, runaround

Edit: I should have said which one, I meant the coach air conditioner....sorry.

Another edit: Did I put this in the right section?

Check craigslist in your area and surrounding areas. Sometimes can find almost new ones for half the price. Heres a dealer in TN selling new ones for $550.

http://memphis.craigslist.org/rvd/3026054734.html

Linda S

ALSo - look at the ads from the RV places, sometimes you can see them advertised new for 500 - 800.

You might want to see if your current unit is repairable before searching for a new unit.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

welcome some on here have removed them and sold them brand new they are about a 1000 dollors maybe it can be repaired local rvshops wreacking yards do often have rvs for parts

Why would they remove them brand new? Is a window unit better?

Runaround,

Some people, like myself, just don't do the type of camping where they plug in very often. Also, I didn't want to incur the expense of a noisy, expensive generator just to run an AC unit when I wasn't plugged in. I removed my roof top AC and gave it away. My roof doesn't sag as much, there is a little more headroom inside and a lot more light after I added a new roof vent.

John

LIKE JOHN MAC SAYS EVERYBODY NEEDS AND USES ARE DIFFERENT IN NORTHERN MONTANA I PROBLY WOULD NEVER USE ONE> IN THE THE BACK COUNTRY AND MOUNTAINS OF WASHINGTON STATE I DONT USE MYN. DOWN IN THE LOW LANDS OF EASTERN WASH WHERE I LIVE OR DOWN TO THE COLUMBIA RIVER IN THIS AREA VERY HOT 110 114 i certanly will use my roof air. for me i need it when i need it not all the time. I only use myn when pluged in on full hookup.

Runaround,

Some people, like myself, just don't do the type of camping where they plug in very often. Also, I didn't want to incur the expense of a noisy, expensive generator just to run an AC unit when I wasn't plugged in. I removed my roof top AC and gave it away. My roof doesn't sag as much, there is a little more headroom inside and a lot more light after I added a new roof vent.

John

Thanks, we will use the camp sites sometimes but I want to be able to "dry dock" for a couple of days also. We just called the place that's selling our Toy and it doesn't sound like they've done much to it yet, including the air conditioner. My husband got the impression that they want us to come down and pay for it before they fix it (we put down a small deposit which they've cashed). Is this normal? I'm starting to feel really uneasy about this purchase.

you can buy a new ac unit ,it is 13.5k output for less than $500 brand new and the shipping is free from ppl.If your still interested i will find their website. My sunraider's unit is only a 7k ,but that unit is not available,this unit is the replacement,and fits perfect.