Towing A Toyhome...

must be towed rear wheels up or all four wheels up on a tilt bed WARNING IF YOU TOW REAR WHEELS DOWN YOU WILL BURN UP YOUR AUTO MATIC TRANS MISSION

If you have the rear wheels on the ground, consider pulling the drive shaft if you going any distance. (more than a few miles)

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Safest way is on a flatbed. Front wheels up even if you disconnect the driveshaft you can scrape the rear of your camper and do serious damage. Extends quite a way farther than a truck would. Back wheels only up puts way too much weight on the front end.

Linda S

Is there anything special I should know about towing my 20-foot,'85 Dolphin? I have the 22RE engine with automatic and the one-ton axle. All four wheels up? Front wheels up? Back wheels up? All four wheels on the ground?

John

Safest way is on a flatbed. Front wheels up even if you disconnect the driveshaft you can scrape the rear of your camper and do serious damage. Extends quite a way farther than a truck would. Back wheels only up puts way too much weight on the front end.

Linda S

This ^

It take less time to pull the axles on a 1 ton than to drop the driveshaft. Use a wad of towels and duct tape to keep the lube in.

• 2 weeks later...

Linda S

I have had mine towed, as linda s and Maineah have noted, on a FLATBED! Mine fit each time, and in city and on highway, there were no clearance problems, nor top heavy issues. Even when on a flatbed, the height is not as high as some truck rigs, just let the tow company know of course the size of flatbed you need due to length and weight. F-650 Flatbeds have had no problem hauling mine. It maybe a bit more pricey for the tow, but it can be far more costly in the end by burning up Trannys, or having the backend bottom out while in tow due to hittin a bump and hitting the ground at highway speed. Food for thought! Peace all!