My on-the-column gear shifter is stuck in park and won't move on my 1994 Winnebego/Toyota Warrior. I disassembled the column covering and kick panel and checked if the key release/lock is functioning and it is. It releases the shifter when the key is in but the shifter still sticks in park. The only thing I can think of is that there is some sort of brake solenoid release/electrical issue hanging it up. I can shift after about 50 tries (shaking it around violently) or once every 10 starts and stops (putting it from drive to park). Any idea what this could be?

i dont know if any of those have a step on foot brake first too unlock theshift after moter start i have a 2004 dodge that way

i dont know if any of those have a step on foot brake first too unlock theshift after moter start i have a 2004 dodge that way

I am thinking that is the only thing that could be hanging it up...? Just don't know if it's only an electronic/solenoid issue or a mechanical/cable etc...?

Had a problem with this car a cable no lubrication i had take to a shop jamed in park soory i dont know all my toyota 5 and 4 speed

Owner of toyota-campers group on yahoo had the same problem. He figured it out. out should post there and ask him. His name is Turtle

LS

My on-the-column gear shifter is stuck in park and won't move on my 1994 Winnebego/Toyota Warrior. I disassembled the column covering and kick panel and checked if the key release/lock is functioning and it is. It releases the shifter when the key is in but the shifter still sticks in park. The only thing I can think of is that there is some sort of brake solenoid release/electrical issue hanging it up. I can shift after about 50 tries (shaking it around violently) or once every 10 starts and stops (putting it from drive to park). Any idea what this could be?

It may be the selonoid or relay or switch or something. i forgot name. Like previous posted it could be connected to brake. You must depress first. This same thing happend to my car a little while ago. i was stuck in park. I got mad and forced into drive. Fine until i tuned car off. wouldnt start again. looked underneath and transmission line was hanging. needed tow. my mechanic laughed when i told him i forced it. Instead of just the something there was something else i broke Ha!

Oh my car, but diff year shares same transmission as 85 toyota truck /camper

I don't remember when they started putting lock outs on the gear levers but they were tied into the brake pedal wiring ensuring that your foot was on the brake before it would come out of park. The other possibility is it's hanging in park because the cable is out of adjustment try disconnecting the cable at the transmission and see if that will allow it to come out of park make sure your parking brake is on maybe even block the wheels first.

This happened to me too once!(early this year) It was after i had the dash apart... I figured I must of not pushed in a connector or something. it was very frustrating. i spent a lot of time trying to figure out what it was... but in the end it went away as quickly as it came up... I did spent a lot of time re-pushing connectors together though... I believe it was the brake peddle connector, no proof, just that's what i was thinking :-)

Good Luck!

If the RV is parked on a hill, it can get jammed in park. I had this happen with a Chevy Astro w/heavy trailer once. I had to have someone hook up to the front end with a chain and take the pressure off of the parking pawls. When they pulled me ahead about 2 inches I was able to simply put it in gear without any problem.

This is the reason that my wife has learned how to place a wheel chock under a rear when we park on a hill. I hope that your problem turns out to be this simple.