Got something (NON POLITICAL) you just have to share?

I'm sure somebody has something to share that can't be categorized in the above Toyota forums. Lets GO WILD!!

ADDED:
Political topics and views tend to become overwhelming as one would naturally expect. There is a separate subforum created for those wishing to engage in political discussion. Please use that for future political discussion.

Edited by bajadulce
no room for politics

• 9 years later...

The "political asylum" forum has now been abolished. (Still there just invisible should Greg decide differently)

Political views and opinons are an important part of society and without question need to be expressed and fought for... Just not on a site about motorhomes. This site needs political neutrality (i.e. no politics).

As members, this is your forum and this seems to be in everyone's best interest as a whole. Political discussion seems more a detriment to the board than good, even if it is quaranteened to a specific little corner. Eventually it spills out into the other areas of the board and detracts others from joining/participating in what the primary purpose of this board entails (toyota motorhomes). It just makes sense to maintain a no-politics policy like any other non-political subject matter forum.

Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with it. It was well marked and in another folder entirely. I didn't see any abuse. but hey, its not my Forum.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Watched some practice runs this summer when we were in S.F. First time I ever seen a sail boat out run its stinkpot support boats

I used to race Hobie cats we have some films of a 16' pulling a water skier. The sail boats could not pull them up but once the tow line was passed to the sail boats we could pull them all day as long as the wind held up.If the winds were high we usually could out run the power boats more so then any thing else we could ride over the chop the power stuff couldn't. The fastest I have ever been under sail was in an ice boat just shay of 100 MPH they would sail 4X the speed of the wind on a reach.

Maineah,

I grew up on a lake in Madison, Wisconsin that always had some ice boats on it smokin' along, although I never got a ride. I think an ice boat is in my future here in Montana. Maybe a DN or something else somewhat small. I envy your ride at near 100 mph...

John

I got to say it's pretty rough ride at that speed ice ain't flat! Even the acceleration is fast after you tack not much friction there. Some of the more experienced sailors i have sailed with have exceeded 100MPH. It is a fun day out and generally some one has a radar gun. I haven't sailed since I have been back in Maine it's very seldom that we have ice with out snow.

The America's cup boats are really impressive in person. But you have to laugh when they turn into the wind to stop or let the wing sheet out to adjust something. Coming off the foils they look like Shamu doing a belly flop.