Camping Fees

We were going through Lovell, Wyoming last summer and found a small city park there just off the main drag. No advertising just happened to ask where we could stay at a local grocery store. It had a rv dump, picnick tables and showers for short stays only. For free! If passing through check it out.

Bob

• 6 months later...

I have been to three state parks here in northeast Florida near St. Augustine. The two on the ocean were $30 for w & e, free showers and one had laundry facilities. The third smaller park was Faver-Dykes and it only cost $20 with w & e and free showers. Weekends and holidays are pretty booked up during the winter. Lots of Canadian snow birds.

My wife showed me a web site add in a magazine---www.freecampgrounds.com. I looked at it. It showes camping areas for the US that are free or under $10. Have not used it yet but on the way to Quartzite I will. It also has a place to post a camp area that you know of that is free or 10 bucks. Darrel

We were going through Lovell, Wyoming last summer and found a small city park there just off the main drag. No advertising just happened to ask where we could stay at a local grocery store. It had a rv dump, picnick tables and showers for short stays only. For free! If passing through check it out.

Bob

Was this the grocery store with all the pictures of all the service men they have lost since world war I in the middle of the market? My daughter and I fell in love with this town on our trip around the country in 2002. Just like the town in the Jim Carrey movie " The Majestic" Wonderful place

Linda S

• 6 months later...

Powell Wy has the same thing. A lot of the smaller towns here have a city park where you can overnight for free.

P.S. Most towns in WY are "smaller"

Bob

Yikes!!!...Don't get me started on Michigan state campgrounds...I love Michigan but hate their State

owned campgrounds, mainly due to the attitude of their Park Rangers.

We've been camping in the UP for 15 years at state-owned campgrounds. I've yet to ever meet a park ranger. The places we go to have "hosts." The "hosts" are usually a civilian family that lives on-site for the season and keeps a watch on things.

We just got back from camping at three different camprounds. Blind Sucker #2 by Blind Sucker Lake, Lake Superior campground on Lake Superior, and Portage Bay campground on Lake Michigan. Two of the campgrounds we had all to ourselves - other then the hosts. $13 a night plus $8 for a day-pass (instead of the annual Passport fee). Oddly this year - camping fees are cheaper for non-residents then for Michigan residents. Dogs welcome in them all, unlike many NY Adirondack campgrounds that do not permit dogs at all. We don't go anywhere without our dog.

• 7 months later...

Just wondering if any of you have heard about the club you join for $35 and they give you a list of Calif. winerys that allow a Rv to park. No nothing but a nice private place, secure and a wine tasting adventure outside your door! I think it's frugal-rv-travel.com or harvesthosts.com or overnightrvparking.com or maybe landyachting.com

Just wondering if any of you have heard about the club you join for $35 and they give you a list of Calif. winerys that allow a Rv to park. No nothing but a nice private place, secure and a wine tasting adventure outside your door!I think it's frugal-rv-travel.com or harvesthosts.com or vernightrvparking.com or maybe landyachting.com

It's Harvest Host. Always planned on joining but never got around to it.

http://www.harvesthosts.com/

Linda S

Linda, are you my shadow? Just joking, you are amazing and always have posts all over this sight, how do you know so much, puts most of us men to shame(ha,ha)!

Can't wait till you impart your RV wisdom on me!