Overcab bed size

I have a 91 Sunrader and I am wondering what size of mattress topper to buy that will fit on the bed over the cab.  Any advice?  

I have an 82 Sunrader shell I'm working on and I just measured the bare dimensions this morning for the over cab area. I came up with a rv "full" size for the mattress off of a chart of rv size mattresses.. 53" by 75" is the full size mattress that best fills the area in mine. I don't know if the years, etc. would make yours different or how the bare walls vs finished might affect the area compared to yours.

IMG_0942.JPG

Shaun you should not rely on the 82 measurement as by the time yours was built, I believe it was a different shell.  Best to measure your own as Bobs (and mine) have the bulky paneling removed.  I'm adding a bit of width not replacing the paneling in favor of soft foam and marine hull liner, for instance.  Bob is also doing something different, i believe?  

If you’re buying something like a memory foam topper they can be cut down to fit. I did that with mine once.

Get the closest size larger than the mattress then cut to fit.

I use a full sized feather bed. Full size should be the right fit. I have a high thread count duvet I made from sheets that I put it in. No other sheets needed and when I want to change the sheets I can just flip it over. Trying to get any other sheets on these overheads is impossible and hard to reach.

Linda S

Thank you to everyone who responded.  I bought a full sized mattress topper and it fits perfectly.  I only cover the topper with the fitted sheet, since it IS hard to get a cover around the entire mattress.  Plus, I need access to the velcro tabs on the main mattress edges to hang my cab divider.  I am loving this forum!  

How far forward did it go?  There's a sloped section of fiberglas a few inches under the wraparound windows that the factory covered with foam and vinyl.  I'd like to find something that goes all the way to the front wall, and I'll trim that edge of the mattress all the way across at a matching angle. So I'd like the bed to literally touch the front wall under the window.  Is the full wide enough to touch the front wall?  Thanks.