Rockin'R

Considering 1990 Toyota Winnebago Warrior

Just calculated mileage in my Warrior, 13.5mpg.

That's at high altitude mountain and city driving, I imagine I could pull 15 on a flat highway.

I do not like to keep tract of MPG, the small tank on the Toy forced me to check it for trip and routing decisions. 

I have not calculated , just watching it by the tank.  My 94 Sea Breeze 6500 lb 3VZE auto has done as little as 10, climbing mountains into a headwind and over 15, only one tank over 15.  Then there was a stretch coming down the mountains with a tailwind where I probably got 20, I will use that figure when I sell :D No steady or average speed, uphill slow, downhill fast, although I rarely go over 65. The 13.5 sound like a good avg number.

Another mileage I have watched is distance between gas stations.  The longest distance I have seen so far is 80 miles, in Wyoming I think?   I have mostly filled around 1/4 tank.  Jim

My winnebago warrior 1991 v6 with 4.56 ratio 13 to 15 with extra 300 pounds, 6900  with me and my son on board.

13 minutes ago, steeve said:

My winnebago warrior 1991 v6 with 4.56 ratio 13 to 15 ....

I've got to ask: Imperial or US gallons?

21 minutes ago, steeve said:

My winnebago warrior 1991 v6 with 4.56 ratio 13 to 15 with extra 300 pounds, 6900  with me and my son on board.

Did you put the 4.56 rear in? If so, how did you make the odometer and speedometer read correctly? I know Toyota never made a truck with a 4.56 rear and 25.5" diameter tires so no parts to recalibrate are available from Toyota.

Some later model Winnebago's came with a 4.30 diff so his might not be as far off as some.

Linda S

I put 4.56 in it, before it was 4.10.My speedometer 5 mph off with gps. I did the correction for the mpg