No Kelly Blue Book

Likes2roam

I'm trying to find an official value for my 1992 Warrior, but am having no luck. Searches under Winnebago, Toyota, Micro, Warrior, I've found nothing. Any help?

I found it... It worth that which a buyer is willing to pay.

Essentially otherwise the KBB will only value the RV at the value of the truck part only; which I can tell you is far less than what someone usually will pay for it.

Thanks. As usual, it's all relative. Think I've found something on nadaguudes.com also. 

Nadaguides.com's evaluations are probably better applied to newer models. Pretty sure mines worth more than $4,500...

NADA is the national automobile dealers association. The numbers they post are oriented more towards trade in value. Because our vehicles are so old they have no real trade in value so the figures you will find are extremely low. KKB is closer to a real price but they still only keep track of dealer sales. Almost all Toyota motorhomes are private sales. Best way to determine the value is to find similar vehicles on EBay and Craigslist. On EBay you can look at completed listing which will tell you what they actually sold for. There is a KKB for motorhomes. It just isn't free, in fact it's quite expensive. Tool for dealers mostly. About 125 bucks a year

Linda S

My agent has found it useful to review copies of comparable listings from Craig's list and other sources of fair-market offerings. These are certainly not verifiable sales, but do help to indicate current market value. When I see these on line, I print them out and save them in a file. It's actually been quite interesting and informing to see the range in condition, modification, restoration and value of a similar model/make/year from over the years. Also, if I'm involved in an accident these, in addition to receipts will help to establish value.  BR, TG

If you want to spend some money there are companys that will furnish you with an appraisal.

My preferred way to do this is contact my insurance agent for a recommendation of a appraiser that is recognized by the insurance co.

That 's really the way to go, any idea of the cost?

On 10/13/2016 at 10:47 PM, bicoastal eric said:

1992 warrior in good working condition inside, outside and mechanically, $10k

On 10/14/2016 at 8:15 AM, Totem said:

or far less :)

Ive seen folks get amazing deals in here.

On 10/13/2016 at 11:10 PM, linda s said:

Depending on where you are and how it's marketed it can sell for far more than  10 grand

Linda S

All of this.

Forget KBB when it comes to toyota rv's

When I wrecked my 92 itasca spirit - geico came up with a low value.  I showed them the ads online and we agreed on a price,  I think it was 11k.   

Sight unseen, I would value a average 92 warrior somewhere between 8k-15k based on a number of factors.  Does it run?  Does it run well?  What is the mileage?  What condition is it?  (Inside and out).      Also do the appliances work?  generator?  Tire condition?  Brakes etc?

i agree that from a selling perspective, the unit is only worth what some one is willing to pay. that goes for about anything.  other areas of concern for the value, of your rig I.E. insurance is a whole different ball game. as an example my 92 winnie warrior is in very good condition, 53 thousand miles, all the bells and whistles, except the on board generator. tilt,air,cruise, auto, everything works in the coach and the cab, newer tires, outdoor shower, no rust, had my mechanic go over every inch, and after his inspection, had no negatives with the exception of replacing the air filter. the inside is in excellent condition with regards to the upholstery, wall , mini blinds, etc. now the rub, my insurance company wanted to total the vehicle, because of a covered insurance claim to replace the roof, which was a 5k estimate. in my situation i placed the insurance value at my purchase price of the unit. had i bought an insurance policy at about twice my purchase price i would not have had to fight the prospect of the insurance company totaling the rig over my claim.  these rigs are so old and in a sense are like classic cars to many insurance companies. i was informed by my insurance agent(same agent for 32 years), that you should purchase an amount of insurance that you feel your rig is worth, in case of a situation that may result in your rig being deemed totaled by the insurance company. despite what their expensive marketing and advertising says, insurance companies are not your friends.  joe from dover

On 10/23/2016 at 9:02 AM, hunkaman said:

i agree that from a selling perspective, the unit is only worth what some one is willing to pay. that goes for about anything.  other areas of concern for the value, of your rig I.E. insurance is a whole different ball game. as an example my 92 winnie warrior is in very good condition, 53 thousand miles, all the bells and whistles, except the on board generator. tilt,air,cruise, auto, everything works in the coach and the cab, newer tires, outdoor shower, no rust, had my mechanic go over every inch, and after his inspection, had no negatives with the exception of replacing the air filter. the inside is in excellent condition with regards to the upholstery, wall , mini blinds, etc. now the rub, my insurance company wanted to total the vehicle, because of a covered insurance claim to replace the roof, which was a 5k estimate. in my situation i placed the insurance value at my purchase price of the unit. had i bought an insurance policy at about twice my purchase price i would not have had to fight the prospect of the insurance company totaling the rig over my claim.  these rigs are so old and in a sense are like classic cars to many insurance companies. i was informed by my insurance agent(same agent for 32 years), that you should purchase an amount of insurance that you feel your rig is worth, in case of a situation that may result in your rig being deemed totaled by the insurance company. despite what their expensive marketing and advertising says, insurance companies are not your friends.  joe from dover

Amen, i have the same opinion on insurance. you need a "rider" policy to get $ back, and even then you will have to fight for it.