Wow Look At This Odyssey Americana

Totem

That's Gail's newest referb.

Gail and Jon spent a full year working on this rig. They go over every inch of the rigs they refurbish. Jon's a retired aircraft mechanic and Gail is a perfectionist about detailing every inch. As close as you'll ever get to a brand new Toyota motorhome and in some cases maybe better. If you add up the time they spend and the money they put into these rigs they don't really even make much profit at the prices they get.

Linda S

do they take on others rigs for a fee?

No, but they have been asked that many times. So much easier to work on only ones that belong to you and have the freedom to do it your way. Gail is so particular I don't think she would take orders very well. Jon too. Ask him to cut corners to save money and that would be the end of it.

Linda S

Boy, that baby was a nice one! It sure was worth every penny of the $15K sale price.

Those folks put a lot of elbow grease into every crack & cranny!

~Riverman77

Their next project is a Sunrader shorty. 1987 or 88. Don't remember which. If you guys would like to look at some of their past work.

Every one a beauty

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/gfrasier/library/

Linda S

Linda,

Thanks for posting the link to the Frasier's photos. I especially liked their '52 Fireball. It brought back some enjoyable memories of family camping, when I was a kid. I have never heard of these cool folks before. I would wonder if it were possible for you (or them) to post their current projects on this website? Just a thought.

~Riverman77

I don't get to see them until they are ready to sell. If you join the toyota-campers group on Yahoo, Gail is an owner there and always posts her rigs when they go up for sale.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/toyota-campers/info

They are not a big business. Just a husband and wife who work really hard to make these rigs like new again. That Fireball might have broken some sales records. Sold for well over 14 grand. Wish I had 1/10th of their skills

Linda S

I don't get to see them until they are ready to sell. If you join the toyota-campers group on Yahoo, Gail is an owner there and always posts her rigs when they go up for sale.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/toyota-campers/info

They are not a big business. Just a husband and wife who work really hard to make these rigs like new again. That Fireball might have broken some sales records. Sold for well over 14 grand. Wish I had 1/10th of their skills

Linda S

Thanks Linda. I don't venture over to that site very often. There is something (for me) a little difficult to navigate around on the Yahoo site. The continuity, here on this site, seems simpler for me. But, since you've mentioned the Frasier's over on Yahoo, I'll be sure to check them out over there.

~Riverman77

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this beauty the other day... ends in 23 hours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Toyota-Sunrader-/221614528294?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

death axle is possible though... no mention of whether its the EFI or carb 4 banger.

I am tempted to buy it and sell Rocket if the price is right.

They do some really nice work. Do they put in new ovens and stoves? Or do they have some magic stainless cleaner!! - mine could use some help. My Burner stove cover broke off and the stainless is showing its age.

that sunrader for 6300 was still a deal IMHO. It was a 21 foot rear dinette (rare) in absolutely immaculate shape...and heck i paid 7500 for a similar rig (death axle and in need of shocks, bags and tires).

I would have bought this one instead of mine had it been available.