Although the tires on my Warrior looked great. They are over 10 years old. So to be safe I thought I'd get new ones. I had a set of Hankooks on my pickup that wore like iron so I thought I'd go with that brand. The closest I could find them was 60 miles from my little hometown. I drove my RV down after the manger of Big O's said he'd have them the next day. I wanted new stems but they said my olds ones would be find. I was told it would take about an hour to do. So I went for lunch. When I came back they tried upping the price $200 from what I was originally told with tax, balancing, and disposing of my old tires. We went around a little and I told them they weren't keeping my old tire. After it was all said and done it was still a $100 over what I was quoted. Mean while the guy that worked on my RV pulls it out and starts backing it into a spot that has a bank that slopes up from the lot. I ran out trying to get him to stop before he took off my sewage pipes. He stopped just a they were starting to drag I took the manager back out with me to pull it forward and check for any damage. We couldn't see anything wrong but I told him we wouldn't really know till there was water in the tanks. He said if I had any trouble with it just bring it back. Well after all that I just wanted to get out of there and get home. That evening my cousin show up and wanted to check out the RV. I was showing it to him and got to looking at the front rims. Wow they had a ring all the around them that had the clear coat and some of the paint chipped off. It was a perfect circle all the way around both front rims. So this morning I was getting ready to head back down to get this straightened out. I thought I'd better check the air just to make sure that they held. Well they had mounted the back inside tires so the stems were pointing in so if I wanted to check the air I'd have to crawl under the RV. Needless to say they didn't care for me much when I got there. They started out saying their machine had a plastic cover so it could never do that to the rims. After some back and forth the head guy admitted that it was their fault and he is going to line me up with a body shop to repaint my two front rims. I'm sure the back four are messed up to but at least there on the inside were they wont show. Maybe I should join Angie's list :-( Sorry for the long rant guys but I had to vent a little.

Although the tires on my Warrior looked great. They are over 10 years old. So to be safe I thought I'd get new ones. I had a set of Hankooks on my pickup that wore like iron so I thought I'd go with that brand. The closest I could find them was 60 miles from my little hometown. I drove my RV down after the manger of Big O's said he'd have them the next day. I wanted new stems but they said my olds ones would be find. I was told it would take about an hour to do. So I went for lunch. When I came back they tried upping the price $200 from what I was originally told with tax, balancing, and disposing of my old tires. We went around a little and I told them they weren't keeping my old tire. After it was all said and done it was still a $100 over what I was quoted. Mean while the guy that worked on my RV pulls it out and starts backing it into a spot that has a bank that slopes up from the lot. I ran out trying to get him to stop before he took off my sewage pipes. He stopped just a they were starting to drag I took the manager back out with me to pull it forward and check for any damage. We couldn't see anything wrong but I told him we wouldn't really know till there was water in the tanks. He said if I had any trouble with it just bring it back. Well after all that I just wanted to get out of there and get home. That evening my cousin show up and wanted to check out the RV. I was showing it to him and got to looking at the front rims. Wow they had a ring all the around them that had the clear coat and some of the paint chipped off. It was a perfect circle all the way around both front rims. So this morning I was getting ready to head back down to get this straightened out. I thought I'd better check the air just to make sure that they held. Well they had mounted the back inside tires so the stems were pointing in so if I wanted to check the air I'd have to crawl under the RV. Needless to say they didn't care for me much when I got there. They started out saying their machine had a plastic cover so it could never do that to the rims. After some back and forth the head guy admitted that it was their fault and he is going to line me up with a body shop to repaint my two front rims. I'm sure the back four are messed up to but at least there on the inside were they wont show. Maybe I should join Angie's list :-( Sorry for the long rant guys but I had to vent a little.

Ever hear of a paragraph?

Sorry this ain't an English class, its about information for Toyota MHs. Go with the flow.

Banger your lucky, try and explain to some 18 year old grease monkey, with his air wrench set to stun, that there left hand threads on the left rear. It only took the shop 2 weeks to find the correct studs and nuts.

twoblock - What's the deal? We're a melting pot, get used to it...

JUSTABANGER - You should vent this out with the BBB. Yeah probably won't do much but at least get some weight off your chest. Big O' Chit IHMO!

Bad news there is no way to put the dual wheels on wrong one stem points in the other points out.

You might have look carefully though the rim holes. I still have problems finding mine as they are pretty short.

There in the right place now after taking it back and having a talk with the manager about them and my messed up rims. Though I'm still waiting on the call to get my rims repainted and clear coated.

I haven't filled the tanks yet but I'm pretty sure there ok. When I checked on it while it was still against the bank there wasn't hardly any real pressure against the pipes I was just being cautious and making sure they were aware of the situation just in case.

Yep, if it has 3 hand hole rims, you must clock the outer rim to match the inner valve stem.

The left hand threads were a 1 year thing. Most are found on the 86 models that came with a factory installed 1 ton rear, but still had the 5 bolt front.

What year is years.?

You're safe

Doesn't seem to matter where you go. I went to a Firestone shop near me to have a new tire put on before I even knew about the left hand thread. They had no problem and did it correctly. Some time later another member here went to the same shop and they broke several of his lug bolts. Not just one. They kept breaking them. He had a hell of a time finding new bolts that would fit. Now if I need any tires taken off for anything I stand there and watch and repeat myself many times just in case they think this woman doesn't know what she's talking about

Linda S

WME

Yep, if it has 3 hand hole rims, you must clock the outer rim to match the inner valve stem.

WELL....yes but I today aired up all my tires and discovered that when I had the screw in the rt outer rear and swapped to the spare I put the inner valve stem and the outer stem facing each other!!! Found out I can get my gauge and air chuck in there just fine, actually easier to do than the other side.:) So unless there is a reason not to do it like this (easier to get damaged by road debris ???) I was thinking about putting the other side the same.

What are your thoughts????

john