Toyhomes Galore This Weekend

Gary_M

I took a trip out to central Washington this Memorial holiday weekend. Coming out of Ephrata on hwy 17 on Friday I saw 2 Toys heading east for Soap Lake. I left central Washington on Sunday heading back to Seattle on 90, saw 3 more toys. On the long climb up out of the Columbia gorge I had a Sunrader pass me like i was standing still. ;-) The song "Hot Rod Lincoln" came to mind.

I've never seen so may Toys in such on such a short trip.

I have seen two since I left Florida over a month ago!

I see toyhomes of various makes everyday. A few are around all year, others are here just in the summer time. Ages of the rigs range from the mid 70's such as the tiny Dolphins (there are 2 of those around here) and a couple of Chinooks. A couple of transient Sunraders too. But mostly there are various brands of aluminum sided rigs.

Camping at Villanueva on the Pecos River three weeks ago (in our 85 Dolphin) we saw a Toy coming out of the campground as we came in. Then the next day two other Toys came in and camped there. Three Toys in one small campground is a novelty for us. We thought maybe there was a rally we hadn't heard about! One of the Toys camped near us was an 85 Ranger, one I've not heard of. It pretty much looked like a Dolphin to me.

Joe

I have seen relatively few, considering the ground I've covered. Probably a dozen in almost three months, over 6 states.

A whole crap-load of gigantic RVs coming south down 395 in California today. But I didn't see a single toy home.

went camping in the nile valley on the east side of Chinook pass 410 had two dolphins there an 81 and my 87 first trip since changed oxygen sensor doubled mileage .used half the gas of same trip a year ago.

We went to the park today and saw 3, a Dolphin who lives there, a Warrior and another one that said Mini Warrior, looked shorter that a 22 footer across from the gas station. I honked at the Warrior on JFK drive, couldn't stop as park was full to the brim.
John & Mary

I was camping on our property over the Memorial Day weekend and Rick from Boscobel, Wisconsin, stopped and showed off his Dolphin to me. Rick's RV sure looks nice. His Toyota has a really nice chrome bumper, grill, and wheel covers. He has that thing polished up real nice. It was nice to have a talk with him.

I often see a couple driving around town. I pass a nice dolphin parked at a house near ours and another I've seen at the RV supply store. It isn't unusual in the southwest to see them perhaps? I see far fewer VW westfalias.

They must be more popular on west coast. I absolutely never see then here, I live an hour north of Asheville, NC. The only one I have ever seen is an escaper that is frequently parked at the Asheville Earthfare.

Every time I go to San Diego/Mission Bay I can find 2 Toy-Rv soaking up the sun

I have 1 right down the street that comes from AZ every year..

two of my Neighbors are ready to purchase ones this fall (they know wrong time to buy right now)

I gave 1 a tour today of mine and what he should look for as far as what can go wrong.....

We love our Toys!!!!