Insurance Providers

Mehtalalady

Very pretty. Geico has collector car agreed value insurance on their website.

https://www.geico.com/getaquote/collector/

Looks like Farmers has one too

http://www.farmers.com/auto/collectible/

I think your Sunrader would come under the exotic catagory

I know some have gotten stated value insurance from Progressive but stated value doesn't really mean they will pay you what you put into it. Agreed value is the only guarantee of getting the true value.

Linda S

Oh and I looked more into the insurance thing. It seems there a alot of restrictions to agreed value insurance that pretty much limit it to collector cars only. You might have to settle for stated value insurance. I do believe Progressive will offer that but you need to speak to an agent. Every state has different reguations on what types of insurance can be offered.

Linda S

Thank you for the comments. My husband customized this himself. Purchased in April 2013. Gutted it. Lots of fiberglass repair including adding beam to ceiling to fix sagging roof. Not only did he do all the interior, he fixed broken curved window in front over cab. He put in new axles and wheels and did other major stuff to the drive line that is far beyond my comprehension. I've attached more photos with captions.

post-7344-0-40930000-1390967038_thumb.jp

post-7344-0-32816500-1390967058_thumb.jp

post-7344-0-35235700-1390967077_thumb.jp

post-7344-0-02455700-1390967085_thumb.jp

post-7344-0-92419100-1390967120_thumb.jp

post-7344-0-40811200-1390967213_thumb.jp

Edited by Mehtalalady

No, it is an '84 floor shifter. He did furniture repair and used to work for a custom designer where he made a few specialty pieces. He basically just does it as a hobby and picks up a job or two every now and then. He would like to do more in the line of 'paid work' though. HA!

Taking it on our first test run tomorrow, Jan 29th for two nights. Hope all goes well.

Edited by Mehtalalady

Well if he's willing I can see a line of Toyota motorhome owners waiting to hire him right now. Any motorhome owners in fact. Really hard to find people to do that kind of work on a motorhome. One of the 4x4 Sunraders was remodeled by a place in Salinas, Ca and the woman who bought it still had the receipts for the work. Almost 8 grand and they didn't replace all the cabinets and it wasn't near as nice as yours

Linda S

Wow. I'd like to come take a look, I'm in Olympia. I'm in the process of fixing mine up, adding new beams, would love to chat with you both and get some ideas. I use Progressive and they allowed me to insure at replacement value, I stated it was a limited edition/collector rig. And I got to select the value not them.

Thanks for the comment. We are heading to AZ on Wednesday, Feb 5th and won't be back until May. My husband would be happy to try and answer questions though regarding the restoration and customization.

What is the main light colored wood? Do you have photos of the over cab front bed? Did he redo the panels up there? I'll send you a personal message in May and would love to come take a look. He is very talented, great workmanship.

About insurance and my 77 Toyota Chinook: I had to cancel my auto policy when I sold my car because Progressive agent said that policy was not for an RV. I said I was going to live in the Chinook and declared its value as $4200 - both in the future, but it was getting too flipping complex.

Don't know if this is related but my 77 Toyota Chinook came from Colorado 10 years ago and was registered/titled as a pick up in Oregon. By Oregon law, it is a motor home, so I have to go to the Dept of Motor Vehicles to get it measured for length and then pay for new plates, title search and registration.

On another forum for a different brand of motorhome, there is a discussion about "Agreed Value Insurance". I think you may have to have your motorhome appraised. More than one company insures this way. One is Blue Sky RV Insurance, according to the forum. 866-484 -BLUE (2583)

I have no interest or involvement in the company. Simply passing along the contact number. It was originally posted back in 2011. Hopefully it is current.