Windshield Washer Fix

Skyhighlivin

All that's left is wiring, fuse, switch. Get your volt meter out and start checking

I have confirmed that there is power to the little motto at the base of the washer fluid container. The fuse is still good. Anyone know where the switch is located? When I push on the end of the windshield controller on the steering column I don't hear any little motor working??

Also, good fiberglass adhesives recommendations?

Maybe the switch is bad. Here is a diagram of the steering column assembly with the part number for the switch.

http://www.villagetoyotaparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=351848

Here is the part for cheap but check it with your vin

http://www.toyotapartszone.com/oem/toyota~switch~assy~windshield~wiper~84650-60050.html

Probably quite a few available in junk yards too

Linda S

Yeah the cheap part I listed is probably not going to fit. After market parts are available but the reason for the cost is it's the whole assembly including turn signal. These are prices from Rock Auto

Linda S

1983 TOYOTA PICKUP 2.4L L4 : Electrical-Switch & Relay : Wiper Switch Price Alternate

No parts for vehicles in selected markets.

AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1S3127 {#8431035150, 88923876, SW342}

Long Bed Delux; Includes Turn Signal & Wiper

$111.79

AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1S3167 {Click Info Link for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers8421014240, 8431014240, 8431035160, 88923877, SW347}

w/ Intermittent Wipers Exc. Tilt Wheel

$114.79

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # TW35 {Click Info Link for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers8431012382, 8431035150, 88923870, 88923876, E6203, E6251} Intermotor

w/o Tilt Wheel; Dual Lever Multifunction Switch Assembly

$114.79

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # TW37 {Click Info Link for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers8341014240, 8421014240, 8431014240, 8431035160, 8431035170, 88923878, E6253} Intermotor

w/ Tilt Wheel; Dual Lever Multifunction Switch Assembly

$116.79

this is great info. I believe that I will need part # TW37, the bottom one. I have I the cover off the column and it looks right. Although it could be the second one on your list, # 1S3167. It looks like I have no choice but replace the entire thing? Thanks.

this is great info. I believe that I will need part # TW37, the bottom one. I have I the cover off the column and it looks right. Although it could be the second one on your list, # 1S3167. It looks like I have no choice but replace the entire thing? Thanks.

Try a salvage yard first. It's not something that breaks that often.

Linda

Before going crazy buying new parts check that you have power going to the motor when the switch is engaged.

Use a fused pigtail to check motor operation separate from the switch.

Finally check your underhood hoses to make sure there's no blockage or leaking hoses. The small spray jets can also be plugged.

I would eliminate all these things before popping for a new switch.

you say you replaced the pump moter you might try reversing the moter leads the D C moters need two be the correct polarity. i have worked on a few windshiled washers . the pump is the thing that most often fails. but if the conecttions are backwards and it can easly happen the moter may not work.