Plasti Dipping My Rv (I Think...)

paulnptld

Ok. Another crazy idea has come to me.

My brother recently introduced me to a product called Plasti-Dip. I found a local company willing to do my entire Toyhome in anthracite, gunmetal, or silver for $1,500.

The stuff is easy to apply, incredibly durable, and peels off like a giant decal if you want to 'undo' your paint job a few years down the road. I've heard it's good for at least 4 years, and is easy to touch up.

Here's the local company that's bidding on it. I'd love to hear some color combo ideas for all of you! Should I do the entire thing in one color, or keep the truck white?

http://www.thecarskin.com/#!colors/aboutPage

Some additional examples:

https://www.dipyourcar.com/examples.html

Those pictures are amazing you can take a beautiful shiny car and make it look like it aged 10 years in a day!

Not to mention sealing all that nasty existing rust in the sheet metal.

you'll notice the rust when the door falls off.

Well for another thought, look for a company that does pickup beds

1500 is a lot of money... I am glad you were able to figure out the pricing though because I needed to paint mine pink and was considering having it plasti-dip so that it would be temporary. Instead I jumped the gun on just air spraying the whole thing which cost me about 500 dollars. Way cheaper...... it's permanent but it looks way better than it did before so I am quite proud of her......

I love the pink. I can't think of a better color for a slow moving motorhome. We generally don't hit others. we just move too slow but other fast moving cars hit us. No way they could say they just didn't see it when it's flamingo pink

Linda S