Stalling Mystery???

Gatorbob

Linda, I actually have 3 of those plugs. a large and small on the fender, and a small with electrical tape on it . Your photo is too small to see which is circled. (after you upload a photo, click "add to post it will just show the attachment code no photo. then "add reply, it will allow readers to expand your photo for a larger view.) Here's my photo. tell me which one if you can.

My stall gives me no check engine light. I just want to know how to read codes.

post-6742-0-69626000-1384170764_thumb.jp

Its the right hand fender mounted connector with two wires. The rubber ring is just a storage mounting the connector is not connected to anything.

GREAT - Looks like yours is a little different, Look thru that book you have and see if there is a test jumper for the fuel pump. The fuel pump jumper (or the ability to turn the fuel pump on and bypass all the control stuff) will save a lot of time in troubleshooting.

JOhn Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto (For Sale)

i have seen this happen with bad distributer before on some cars and my son had a lot of trouble with his 94 6 cyl four runner. bad solid state componets in the distribiter will cut out. when they get hot half an hour two cool fires right up again. gets hot quits . replced parts in a dodge dist this is what the dodge was doing also. kept shutting down . bad transisters. replced dist in four runner end of problem

• 2 weeks later...