Ethanol impact on engine

nooga

Took my Toyota for service in a shop that specializes in Toyota and Lexus vehicles. On the desk was a display of O rings and gaskets, comparing normal items to those from engine's using ethanol. Damage was evident to my eyes. I asked the service manager what could be done to prevent damage to my MH and he told me to use only "pure" gasoline, meaning that not blended with 10 percent ethanol. Not only would I prevent long-term engine damage but also would get at least 2 more miles per gallon. The problem is that pure gasoline is hard to find and is more expensive that ethanol-blended fuel because the sellers have a captive customer base, including almost all the area's lawn service companies and anyone else relying on small engines, He claims the extra mileage will still save you money unless the non-ethanol fuel is really, really expensive. Does anyone think it is worth the extra driving to get to the few stations that sell non-ethanol gasoline and paying more for it. Plus, what do you do on the road?

Considering you travel with your Toyhome, chances are you will end up with ethanol in your tank whether you like it or not. I guess find one nearby and minimize it the best you can.

All I can think of is where do they think these vehicles are being used. Not only are they made for the US, many of them are made here. We have had ethanol in the gas tanks for a very long time. One would think that rings and gaskets can be made to withstand the effects of ethanol. Older vehicles maybe but shouldn't be an issue on newer ones. All gas in Brazil is 20% or more ethanol and their vehicles are made for it. Big Dumb if you ask me

Linda S

THE LAST GOVERNOR OF WASHINGTON STATE SIGNED A LAW OUTLAWING ETHANOL FREE GAS. I USED TO BUY HERE AT A STATION THAT ADVERTISED IT. THEY TOLD ME CAN NO LONGER BE SOLD IN WASH. I AM NOW USING MORE STABIL IN EVERYTHING. LEAVE NO GAS IN SMALL ENG OR IT WILL EAT ALL FUEL LINES OUT OF WEED EATER, BLOWER ETC.

When on trip, use what ever. The last tank before you park it fill with "pure" gas. That way you can reduce the effects of methnol.

Cant find the good stuff? then ues an methnol stablizer in the last tank. Sta bul makes one, im sure there others. A boat supply shop would be a good place to find options.

When on trip, use what ever. The last tank before you park it fill with "pure" gas. That way you can reduce the effects of methnol.

Cant find the good stuff? then ues an methnol stablizer in the last tank. Sta bul makes one, im sure there others. A boat supply shop would be a good place to find options.

:first: Sounds like the best option to me. Great suggestion WME!