Windows or no windows in back of Toyhome?

Does it make much of a difference in driving if viewing from behind with the way the windows are higher then the rearview mirror? Should I get one with a bathroom in the back or one with a dining setup? If the bed is setup in the front, can I even use the rear view mirror? I don't have a way to test drive one so that is why I am asking.

Find a rear dinette model. Large rear windows will give you some more visibility and the fresnel lense Karin mentioned magnifies whats behind you. If your shopping for a toy home test driving is a must. Just go inspect everyone near you and at least drive it a ways.

Linda S

I test drove a rear dinette model and found that it did not meet my needs. I travel with my wife and 2 grandkids once in a while and we would need an intercom to talk to the kids way in the back. I use the fresnel lens all the time with my rear view mirror while driving. I hate it when little cars climb onto my bumper and get a free ride.

I agree that having someone outside the RV is critical when backing up. I had a little girl run right behind the RV while I was backing up, luckily my wife was back there and she let out a scream that scared that little kid big time.

On the Winnebago Warrior I leave the bed set up all the time and still use the rear window. A Fresnel lens makes a big difference. The side mirrors and wide angles are vital for checking blind spots.

Something else to consider, we live in a warm climate (flat out HOT a lot of time) so we have a homemade partition blocking off the coach. We could never keep the cab cool without it. It's just the two of us and the wife helps me back when need be.

My winnie warrior wn-321-rb (same as itasca it-321-rb) has a rear window that is also an emergency exit. It has a panoramic lens attached (skydancer called it a fresnel lens which may be a better description) which really helps with visibility. I can see quite clearly out the rear view mirror on the highway and while backing up.

my rear view is absolutely useless

I installed a rear view cam and just love it

I can see everything left right and can see at least 3 cars behind me

really helps when changing lanes

not to mention using as a backup camera

to me the decision on rear dinette vs rear kitchenette is clear (I would disqualify rear bathroom layout altogether) rear kitchenette with corner bathroom/shower combo is the best layout for kids. Rear dinette is the coolest adult layout; no kids this is the one I would want for more space to eat and hang out etc as just myself and a dog. Bob C is spot on if you have kids the rear dinette they will go back there and you cannot get their attention.