Just finished up a cab carpet/dynamat install.

Hey all, I bought my Escaper with no cab carpet and finally got around to putting one in. I thought maybe people would like to see. I did a base layer of Dynamat Xtreme which is a sound and a heat barrier. It all went in well.

Here is how the cab looked when I bought the truck.

uXL7wjp.jpg

Pulled the seats, seatbelts, and kick panels and cleared the floor. Cleaned the floor pretty well of dust and old carpet pieces to make sure the Dyanamat would stick.

sfiyZUC.jpg

Started in the middle to work our way out.

T6m5DOi.jpg

Almost there! It all went on really well with the roller tool and had no problem creasing into corners and what not.

GLJ0CEi.jpg

Nice!

X0YNF31.jpg

Another view, don't forget to mark and poke your bolt holes!

ybRGbWi.jpg

I even had two sheets leftover, perfect size for the doors.

Easy as 1...

eedDh8U.jpg

t7xtEEE.jpg

3!

hSLowwB.jpg

After about an hour of trimming and wrestling

yAjI371.jpg

Another view

TAnn5Cl.jpg

I'm so glad I did this and it looks so nice now and even feels more comfortable when driving. The Dynamat worked AWESOME and the road noise is amazingly quieter, I went from hearing every noise my engine made, to now hearing new small things instead (I can hear my speedometer cable spinning.) There is now no heat coming through the floor and all is good!

Overall this whole install took a little under 3 hours.

Thats a lot of Dynamat. That stuff is big bucks.

I have never used Dynamat before but considering how often I'd be driving the Toyota on an upcoming trip I wanted to give it a try. I am definitely impressed with the sound difference in the cab while driving, it is much better. I am actually considering doing my car now!

Thank you for showing us this! :ThumbUp:

It looks very nice! Great Job!

Andrew.

There is also this option, if you're thinking of spending this kind of money anyways.

http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCarpet.asp?Itemid=3985&MakeId=37&ModelId=484

Especially with the "mass backing". Not sure how the mass backing compares to dynamat. It's what I'll be putting in my truck, though.

That looks similar to what I installed. The carpet I ordered was for my year truck and "pre-molded" but it still took a good amount of wrestling and trimming to get the fit right.

• 2 weeks later...

Just be aware, there are some very mixed reviews on Peel & Seal. It is an asphalt product, and probably half the people who install it say it reeks like oil when it gets really hot. The other half have no problems...

I would definitely say the dynamat is the way to go for top quality. The kit I used for this with the cost of the mat, roller tool, and sealant tape ran me about $160. The carpet was another $120.