Id be interested to know what you take in your toyhome with you, and whats permanently in your toyhome.

I personally have a scissor jack and a couple tire change tools

a full size floor jack and two tool boxes of auto repair tools mostly for imports

A Master Card. I make sure my MH is in shape before I leave hasn't failed me yet. I do carry a fishing tackle box of small tools for simple stuff fuses, wire nuts, peanuts, duct tape important stuff like that and if all else fails beer in the fridge. Murphy's law states what ever you need you left home.

hahah.

In my case my motorhome is now the storage place for all of my automotive tools. So believe it or not Im actually thinking about what not to take for a trip to the coast.

but its the same question.

I dont need to be traveling with a 4 ton floow jack its just what I have.

Some people carry spare parts. Ive heard a lot of toyota people take a water pump and the belt for it.

I know when I had a vw van the number one thing people said was the manual shift cable.

Just my regular Toyota jack and the tools for changing the tire. I also carry a couple of cresent wrenches and some screw drivers. Nothing major. I always have Rescue tape with me though and some butyl tape. Fix hoses and seal leaks in a jiffy.

Linda S

4 ton bottle jack, scissor jack, come-a-long, metric socket set, hand tools, and duct tape, lots of duct tape.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

6 ton bottle jack ( only because it is what I had) metric sockets, metric combination wrenches, vise grips, screw drivers, MULTIMETER, duct tape, electrical tape, wire nuts. The multimeter has come in handy on more than one occasion when stuff quit working. Also a small container of wood screws.

Don't forget a piece of 5/4x4x24 beveled on one end. Saves a lot of time if your o/s duel goes flat and needs to be changed. Just drive the inside wheel onto the wood. Saves having to jack the whole rear end.

Don't forget a piece of 5/4x4x24 beveled on one end. Saves a lot of time if your o/s duel goes flat and needs to be changed. Just drive the inside wheel onto the wood. Saves having to jack the whole rear end.

Murphy's Law says that it'll always be your inner that goes flat until the trip after you use the block as firewood! :)

Don't forget a piece of 5/4x4x24 beveled on one end. Saves a lot of time if your o/s duel goes flat and needs to be changed. Just drive the inside wheel onto the wood. Saves having to jack the whole rear end

So what holds the inner wheel to the rig when all the lugnuts are removed ? Or is this just to raise the rig to make for less jacking ???

I bring a 26 inch breaker bar with 12 inch extension with a 23mm socket to make sure I can change a tire.

A small socket set (case measures 6 inches by 12 inches by 2 inches), philips and flat blade screw driver,

electrical pliers, channel lock pliers, small hack saw, electrical tape, and duct tape. I bring a foot of water line

with a couple connectors, extra fuses, and a few light bulbs.

Don't forget a piece of 5/4x4x24 beveled on one end. Saves a lot of time if your o/s duel goes flat and needs to be changed. Just drive the inside wheel onto the wood. Saves having to jack the whole rear end

So what holds the inner wheel to the rig when all the lugnuts are removed ? Or is this just to raise the rig to make for less jacking ???

My rear has split rims. The inner wheel bolts to the drum. The outer wheel bolts to the inside wheel.

I carry a torque wrench, some plastic plumbing fittings, a roll of rescue tape, electrician's ape, a small hacksaw, some nut drivers, various electrical crimp fittings, a few tail light bulbs, channel lock pliers, screw drivers, an small adjustable wrench and regular pliers. Everything fits in a small tackle box that's easy to stow out of the way. I also invested in a "real" four-way lug wrench from NAPA. This isn't one of those cheapies that has the cross bars welded together but a good one that's cast steel with long arms for good leverage. I also carry a 1 1/2 ton lightweight floor jack.

John

Yes I have the old axles. My toy weighs in at 4K. It was exempt from the recall. I did replace all bearings and seals. To date I've logged in over 12K miles. No problems with the axle. I did add 75/140 synthetic gear lube when the work was done. If I ever do change it in the future it will be from a GM 8 lug Dana. Same outside to outside width but can go to single wheels. Look at all the toll money I'll save. :)