whats your next project for your toyhome?

I am looking into a rebuild of the rear axle. I will be researching parts here and building the parts pile. Nothing is leaking and the unit only has 36,000 miles but those seals are all 26 years old.

• 3 weeks later...

After getting tax done, I am going to install the head unit with 7" display and rear backup camera on the Itasca

link what youre getting done nam

I often think about installing radar on mine.

I used to drive a shuttle bus and it was so convenient when backing up to hear the beep when it got close. I never ran into anything.

a 21 footer at least needs something for backing up. I frighten everyone at the 24 hour fitness lot.

• 2 weeks later...

link what youre getting done nam

I often think about installing radar on mine.

I used to drive a shuttle bus and it was so convenient when backing up to hear the beep when it got close. I never ran into anything.

a 21 footer at least needs something for backing up. I frighten everyone at the 24 hour fitness lot.

Most definitely, I am running into the reverse wire tapping issue right now. Worst case I will run wires backward from the backup lights

• 2 weeks later...

Tiger Bamboo, from home depot. Not the engineered but the full Monty 100% kind. It has the maximum hardness rating available of any hardwood and is beautiful. The beating it sustains from my hunting trips, wet kids and dogs and constant in and out foot traffic associated with a mini camper and mine still will shine up like new with a moist brooming.

Tiger Bamboo, from home depot. Not the engineered but the full Monty 100% kind. It has the maximum hardness rating available of any hardwood and is beautiful. The beating it sustains from my hunting trips, wet kids and dogs and constant in and out foot traffic associated with a mini camper and mine still will shine up like new with a moist brooming.

My daughter and son-in-law are putting this stuff in the house they are buying. The best deal out there and beautiful. I had to go check it out cause I couldn't believe something that cheap would fit their high standards but it's amazing.

Linda S

it was the most expensive stuff in the store when I bought mine...maybe i need to go back for more. I stabbed the swatch piece they gave me with a flat head screwdriver 15 times and it didn't even dent. at that point I mused..."hmmm. this just MIGHT ...might stand up to the kids.

actually I can vouch for this as well. Zeus, my latest pup who isnt so puppyish anymore is a pure blooded german Shep. He was of 8 weeks at the time when I was housebreaking him (he is now 10 months and fully trained.) The floor took the pounding fairly well. And when I say Pounding the RV was his pound because wife's grandpa is non dog friendly. he made it a week; i covered the floors in newspaper but of course he managed to find chinks in the armor... it all wiped up with NO effect on the finish.

No concern on pure compressed bamboo; it's not porous and I used flooring glue not nails; it's basically solid one piece floor as such and won't allow seepage between boards as a normal nail install would.

Just replaced my flush valve (yuk) and have a new hose and shower head on the way.

On the flooring, has anyone tried or heard of anyone using cork? The wife wants something besides carpet.

I wouldnt use cork iin your RV; its more of a large room thing. heavy traffic disintegrates it and in a Toy home the traffic is condensed in the same areas often and very often with harsh abrasives like sand and mud. The two best flooring surfaces for looks are Tile and Bamboo.

here is a comment straight from cork manufacturers lips:

Wicanders has products suitable for commercial areas with heavy traffic like corridor, department stores, lobbies, schools and open plan offices. No Wicanders products are recommend for multi-purpose halls and counter halls.

translation large lobbies not small hallways. the toy home is a dirt magnet heavy trafficked area. Cork is also higher prep maintenance and post clean maintenance stuff.

• 4 months later...

List for now

Remove little easy chairs and table

Remove carpet

Remove refrigerator

Replace fridge or finish inside of fridge space to look nice, have shelves and hold cooler

I wanted to make the fridge into a self draining ice chest, but not well insulated.

Replace bottom floor of closet with removable panel to be able to access water pump

Replace or repair skylights

Recover existing couch

Make stackable cushions for platform where chairs were.

Put down either laminate flooring or vinyl on floor

Replace leaky toilet. For now, water to the toilet is disconnected, and we could use jug of water to flush. Found that those porta potty bags can work on there too.

Fix leaky waste water tank

Finnish re-sealing windows

Our dolphin has a combo grey/black water tank. I think this is a bad idea, and am thinking of removing the toilet and using a porta potty instead.

Done

Leaks are fixed (so far)

Water lines repaired (rv shop did this $$)

Cab over bunk wood rot repaired, bunk area re paneled and papered

Bad kitchen wallpaper removed and re-papered

New water pump (loses prime overnight)

New blinds