How much am I looking at for painting my Dolphin.?

Marco1503

Or at least, if you want quality it won't be cheap. Some of the chains (like maaco?) might do it for a couple hundred. But from what I've heard, the product is NOT worth even that much.

It mostly comes down to labor, and most of that is prep work, which mostly depends on how much rust you have and how much they have to take off the vehicle, grind down etc. if you do the prep work like sanding down the old paint, that would help. I'd think it would cost you a grand though, if you took it to a good place and had them do everything. But like Linda said, it varies, so go get an estimate.

Don't know about the cab but we did our 87 Dolphin house part this way: power wash and hit the worst spots with a scrub brush. Then de-fuzz. I don't remember how we did this. Maybe Scotch-brite pads. Then hand repaint the decal work with tiny bottles of acrylic from Joanne's craft stores (my wife was an art major in junior college). Then two coats of clear acrylic spray from the spray paint section at NAPA. Total three afternoons and about $35. This year we may give it another coat of the clear acrylic.

im getting a paint job for it soon.

has very minor body damage and i was wondering how much it would cost to get it painted

I painted a Chevy Suburban last summer. I used cheap acrylic enamel and the paint, reducer, hardener, self-etching primer, etc. was a little over $150. I took 2 full days prepping. Sanding, sealing some light surface rust, taping, and spraying. If I was charging a low shop rate the job would of cost $1000. I had contacted two local body shops and the cheapest price I was quoted was $1500. If you get it done "'Earl Schieb" fashion with no preprep and bad taping it can be done for a few hundred dollars. That is a waste of money in opinion if you want something that will last awhile.

My friend painted over the vinyl stripes on her sunrader with house paint and it looks great.

Tape off the stripes pprimer and paint with a brush.

In my case in the dolphin the stripes are too complicated. Just the man hours of taping all these little stripes I may as well hire alaskan natives to paint it.

But in practice paint sticks right to the vinyl. In fact house paint sticks to aluminum just fine all over iit is what mobile homes are made of.

I've painted airplanes and cars, its not difficult to do.

If you fell adventuresome, and you own a air compressor, you can get a cheap paint gun, $35, and if you're lucky enough to live where you don't need to worry about over spray, you could paint it yourself.

One nice thing about the Toyhouse, painting the coach would be a good learning experience, and it would be very forgiving After painting the coach, you should have the technique down good enough to paint the truck.

I may paint mine this year.

John

No ethnic slurs here - just a few facts as currently accepted in anthropological DNA studies. This was my only field of study in the world of academia.

All "autochthonous" people (as Ralph Nader's sister calls them), and "native" to us - predominantly fall into four DNA groups. ALL from Asia. That includes the Aleutians, Eskimos, Athabaskans, and SE Indians in Alaska. There is a mystery DNA type X that is rare, in small numbers and only found in Iroquois indians in north America, the Basque in France, a few groups near the Rock of Gilbraltar, a few Navajos in the Amerkican SW, and the Tlingits in Alaska.

DNA also shows that every human checked so far can be traced to Africa ca. 60K years ago. I have "bowl head" Indian in my family history. No DNA work has been done on them yet. Têtes-de-Boule was a name put upon them by French priests in Québec after they gave them lousy haircuts (means bowl head in French).

JD, do you see any family resemblance?

Absolutely! That is a classic "Bowl Head" hair-do. Maybe Moe had gone to Jesuit priest school before he became a funny man.

Maybe another relative (another of my favorites)!

In England they called them 'Pudding Basin' haircuts.

I read an 1800s book by Mark Twain (or whatever his real name was) called "Pudd'nhead Wilson." Maybe that was a reference to his hair. No pictues in the book as I recall.

DEFINITION OF: pudding head. 1. n a person who is not very bright.

Synonyms:

dolt, dullard, pillock, poor fish, pudden-head, stupe, stupid, stupid person

Types:

berk

a stupid person who is easy to take advantage of

blockhead, bonehead, dumbass, dunce, dunderhead, fuckhead, hammerhead, knucklehead, loggerhead, lunkhead, muttonhead, numskull, shithead

a stupid person; these words are used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence

klutz

(Yiddish) a clumsy dolt

Type of:

simple, simpleton

a person lacking intelligence or common sense