Just out of curiousity, who were the tires shipped with? In the past I had tires bought on EBay shipped to Plattsburgh NY with USPS.

I just went to TiresEasy website and got the following shipping quotes:

Plattsburgh NY (12901): $76.15

Burlington VT (05403): $76.15

Scottsdale AZ (85258): $115.09

Kind of makes it look like they're shipping Achilles tires from somewhere East!

Just out of curiousity, who were the tires shipped with? In the past I had tires bought on EBay shipped to Plattsburgh NY with USPS.

I just went to TiresEasy website and got the following shipping quotes:

Plattsburgh NY (12901): $76.15

Burlington VT (05403): $76.15

Scottsdale AZ (85258): $115.09

Kind of makes it look like they're shipping Achilles tires from somewhere East!

The tires came with UPS. I cannot get mail delivery here; just UPS and FEDEX. The UPS sticker gives the sender as Tires-Easy in Portland, Oregon. The tracking # at UPS just tells me the packages were delivery. No other info. Tracking # 1Z47F2V10390261775

Very odd. I checked shipping costs for a few other brands (same size) and the shipping costs were different!

Odd. Where I am, Purolator doesn't deliver. They hand packages off to Canada Post for the last leg. UPS goes the extra 'mile'!

Not sure about Fedex or DHL (Day and a Half Late).

Very odd. I checked shipping costs for a few other brands (same size) and the shipping costs were different!

Odd. Where I am, Purolator doesn't deliver. They hand packages off to Canada Post for the last leg. UPS goes the extra 'mile'!

Not sure about Fedex or DHL (Day and a Half Late).

No more DHL here in NY. Last I heard, they left the USA entirely.

Just called them. Their customer service is not in this country , guessing Phillipines from the accent, and she could give me no explaination at all for the higher shipping prices to me. I asked for a manager to talk to and she refused. They look like great tires but if you have a problem with them I would be worried about getting any actual service. I tried to give her my phone number several times for a call back and she wouldn't take that either.

Linda S

Just called them. Their customer service is not in this country , guessing Phillipines from the accent, and she could give me no explaination at all for the higher shipping prices to me. I asked for a manager to talk to and she refused. They look like great tires but if you have a problem with them I would be worried about getting any actual service. I tried to give her my phone number several times for a call back and she wouldn't take that either.

Linda S

My phone experience was quite different. I called them twice with questions. After the second call the person said they'd get more tech info and call me back. Two hours later I did get that call with all the info I wanted. I detected a foreign/Asian "twang" in their English accent and figured I was on the phone with China. The hardest part was giving my credit card #s over the phone. That and any letter "S" I mentioned got put down as a "T."

No big deal and customer service for the tires is the last of my concerns - at that price. Just like most new items that are shipped - the warranty only covers the repair and not the "back to seller" shipping charges. I just went through this with a new RCA television. I either have to pay $60 to ship it, or drive 150 miles to their nearest service center.

• 2 weeks later...

http://ssl.delti.com...port=P&dsco=135

id be interested if there are any american toyhome owners with these tires.

they are in general the worlds best selling. over in europe this type of tire goes on their delivery vans. they have a huge fleet of vans where we we have semi trucks.

theres no store ive found that carries them I just see them online. Most retail places have the hankook ra08 now

in europe continental is king. for some reason here in america we love michelins but in europe they dont care for them most cars have continental.

Stamar, if you get those continentals let me know how they run... I went with Hankook RAo8s because those continentals were not presented to me as an option by my tire guys... but I LOVE continentals and have them on all me other rides.

Stamar, if you get those continentals let me know how they run... I went with Hankook RAo8s because those continentals were not presented to me as an option by my tire guys... but I LOVE continentals and have them on all me other rides.

Continental doesn't offer the Vanco 4 all season tire in the US anymore so the only tire available would be the vanco 2 summer tire. Since you can never depend on the weather espcially when on a long trip I think the Hankook's are a better choice anyway

Linda S

i have 2 hankook ra08s already brand new. i dont know what point there would be in mixing summer and all season tires. if there is ill put two more continentals on next tires.

http://www.tirerack....&partnum=8QR4V2

i found them on tire rack too for cheap

well up until right now actually i never even saw snow. Id be down with summer tires even in portland normally stick to the main roads they are plowed before the snow even falls.

its hard to get a 6000 pound vehicle hydroplaning.

but id prefer all seasons

this has the ad showing the hankook ra8 as beating out all other tires available in europe.... all of which are better than tires available here.

In fact the only other tire I can even order online on that list in our size is the vredestein one and its 150 bucks apeice.

They used the sprintervan for their tests.

So really hankooks is the way to go Id think. I already made that choice but I forgot why I made it.

It handles almost as well as continental tires we dont have but brakes better.

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=4680

• 1 month later...

Right now Walmart has the RA08 tires on their website for $101 to order to your local store no shipping charge. If I remember right they mount tires they sell free and $5 or $8 each for balancing of course there is sales tax.

The fact that about anywhere I expect to travel there will be a Walmart to stand behind them seems like real plus to me. Don

I was just going to ask where do you get the tires installed once delivered? I have a 93 Warrior with the tire extenders and from what I've read it would seem difficult to find a reliable tire installer. Is this a correct impression? I've not replaced mine yet but would like to soon. If folks have had good experience with Walmart /Sams Club that would make things so much easier.

THEIR IS A TIRE CALLED THUNDERER RANGER MADE BY NEXEN. I DONT THINK IT IS A WINTER USE TIRE . FOR ME I DONT USE MY RV IN WINTER. I HAVE BOUGHT THREE

I was just going to ask where do you get the tires installed once delivered? I have a 93 Warrior with the tire extenders and from what I've read it would seem difficult to find a reliable tire installer. Is this a correct impression? I've not replaced mine yet but would like to soon. If folks have had good experience with Walmart /Sams Club that would make things so much easier.

What is a tire extender? Do you mean the specially shaped and long tire valves?

Where I live there are two Walmarts and both are useless for any sort of specialty work. I say "specialty" because the tire valves used on the Toyota dually rims are not common or mainstream. I doubt Walmart has any on hand. A good tire shop that does trucks would. I mention the valves because normally - if installing new tires on any rim - the valves ought to be renewed or at least serviced. Light duty car tires have throw-away rubber valves. Toyota truck dually wheels have HD high-pressure valves. The rubber ones often just get replaced and the metal ones can be removed resealed and replaced if someone wants to bother. New ones though are less than $10 each.

I have my own tire machine but when I didn't have it - I either mounted my tires by hand - or went down to the local service station - gave the guy $5 for each tire and used his machine and did the work myself. I don't like letting other people mount my tires because when they do - they often have slow leaks and I have to redo them. That's probably because I live in the rust-belt of NY and rims must be wire-brushed and a good rim sealant should be used when putting on new tires. Many tires shops do the work very fast and spend little to no time cleaning the rim and doing it right. The last time I got tires mounted at Walmart for my Isuzu truck - 3 out of four had slow leaks. It would take a month for them to go flat but it drove me nuts. I finally redid them myself.

Reminder, Most places have a "We'll match our competitors price". Heres how you do this;

1) go into the tire store and tell them you need 14R185 Hankook RA08 tires, Ask them how much and when.

2) Odds are very good they don't have that tire in stock and will need to get them out of their warehouse, so it will be tomorrow or the next day.

3) Once they figure out the cost, (tires, mounting, balance, etc, etc, etc) Ask them if they do a Low price guarantee.

4) Pull the paper out of your pocket of the ad you seen on the Internet, They should adjust the price of their tire to match your ad.

Keep in mind that they are not going to be ordering the tire from the place in your ad, they will still get the tire from their warehouse.

Be a good negotiator and you'll be able to save several hundred bucks on 7 tires.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

What is a tire extender? Do you mean the specially shaped and long tire valves?

Yes, I meant those valve things :)

Wish I was handier re: tires but there's no way I'm going to be able to change mine so will be at the mercy of some shop here in tucson. I took my previous RV (83 lazy daze) to Jack Furriers and they seemed ok until I found out the following week they had installed one of the tires with the valve reversed so I couldn't reach it - DOH!

Wish there was a list of reputable tire shops for RVs.