Does every Toyhome have a water heater?

runfromturtles

I've yet to come across a Toyota MH manufacturer that had the generator as standard equipment. Water heaters (4 or 6 gallon) were pretty much standard, with the possible exception of some of the most basic, small 'homes (Chinook, Bandit, Mirage).

Were there spaces to hook-up an aftermarket generator? I just don't want to be stuck with something that can never have a generator.

Thanks!

mine doesn't, have not heard of any. would have to set up air tight into coach, vented outside, somehow keep the unit cool, fuel source from trucks tank, not to mention the wireing. sounds pretty difficult to me. seems that someone here set up a box on the back, but i don't think it was rigged up so it could be used going down the road. any engine needs lots of fresh air to be able to run and keep cool.

Were there spaces to hook-up an aftermarket generator? I just don't want to be stuck with something that can never have a generator.

Thanks!

Most have a compartment where a generator could be put. It was an option from most manufacturers so they needed to have a spot ready for it to be added. Wireing is on some but not others and I've heard the most difficult thing is to find the parts to run a line from the fuel tank. Any installed generator in these little motorhomes though is loud and you wil get considerable vibration from it. The most popular thing to do now is to buy a honda eu2000 and on most rigs it will fit into your larger compartment. I have a Kohler in mine and I never use it because of the noise.

Linda S

i have a portable Onan 2400 it runs everything micro/AC generator runs idle with AC

the DB is 68(Honda around 58)

its a medium hum. I take passenger seat out to haul it until i build a gen box on back

i saw a dolphin with a Onan 25000 owner started it once and blew fuse he did not know anything on how to replace fuse or start generator

MY 1978 minimax not a mager make as i have found four known to have been made .had no water heater or shower had a tolit and galley sink. maker and place unknown. sold it and bought a nice dolphin. AS for a generator i cary a small portable fits nice in the side storge . i use a 30 to a 20 amp adapter on the convertor shore cord for a little battery chargeing when boondocking if its cold and i run my heat a lot. with out the hea ter fan the battery will last a long time.

MY 1978 minimax not a mager make as i have found four known to have been made .had no water heater or shower had a tolit and galley sink. maker and place unknown. sold it and bought a nice dolphin. AS for a generator i cary a small portable fits nice in the side storge . i use a 30 to a 20 amp adapter on the convertor shore cord for a little battery chargeing when boondocking if its cold and i run my heat a lot. with out the hea ter fan the battery will last a long time.

I am completely new to motorhomes, do toyhomes use gas or electric for the heaters? Stupid question it seems gas would be the only logical option.

The Water heaters run on propane, but if you want to convert to electric, you can purchase an electric heating element that screws into the place where the anode is located.

Most Toyhouses have a generator compartment but may not be plumbed or wired if it doesn't have a generator. (I store gas cans, water hose, jacks, etc in mine)

Generally, if the Toyhouse has a rooftop AC unit, it may have a generator. If it doesn't have the Rooftop AC, odds are good it doesn't have a generator.

Before dumping a boatload of money into a built in or portable generator, I'd recommend using the toyhouse a little to see if you really need one.

i.e. during my travel, if its hot and humid, I'll pay the $30 and spend the night at an RV park and plug into shore power so I can run my AC unit rather than spend the night at a truck stop (I don't have a generator). While at the RV park, I can take a shower and maybe do a load of laundry, and they are much quieter then the truck stops or rest areas..

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

The built in generators are purpose built for RV's they vent heat out the bottom, exhaust out the bottom, have some sort of transfer switching, a purpose built factory box and draw fuel from the truck tank. Retro fitting a portable generator would be a monumental task and more then likely dangerous. A portable unit is fine as long as it's out side and I don't think any one would be upset to get a nice Honda or the likes with a MH purchase.

A nice thing about the portable, you can use it at home in case you loose power. I live out in the sticks, and generally loose power several times a year. The longest was almost a week, Tornado went thru and I'm the last guy out on the feed,

I have two generators. an old 2000 watt Generic that is pretty noisy (ok for the house). I also have a 1200 watt Chinese knockoff, a lot quieter, but nowhere near as quite as one of those little Honda's. (It would be OK if I was out in the sticks by myself, but maybe a little to noisy for a public campground.)

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I've seen chinese honda knock offs that come with keychain remote starters. very nice; just make a bumper box and go; run the pig tail out the back hatch.

Ive heard some people claim they shouldn't be run while driving because of gas slosh; I don't understand where the gas would be "sloshing" from. most of the new ones only pressure vent air.

Totem, I keep my eyes open as I'm interested in one of these quite generators. If you come across a sale or something, please post it.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Here is a YouTube for a 3000W Clone Honda they said was purchased on e-bay for $400 plus.

[media=]

Here's a 2000 watt selling for about 490 bucks, but high shipping.

http://blujay.com/it...1140000-1659978

Heres a Hyundai 2000W Honda style for a bit over 600 bucks including shipping.

http://www.wayfair.c...CFUJo4AodjBAAwA

Here is a 2000w Honeywell for about 540 bucks with shipping

http://homegardenout...-Generator.html

Here is a Powerhouse 2000W for about 450 bucks

http://www.rveparts....able-generator/

Heres a 2500W for about 390 bucks, shows free shipping

http://kitchensphere...rter-generator/

Hope these are what you were asking for. Happy Travels!