12 volt issue after removing fridge

Noa

I recently removed the old 3-way fridge from my 1985 Sunrader.  I bought a small 12 volt AC combo fridge to use instead. 
Here’s the problem. Since disconnecting the fridge, my 12 volt lights and plugs don’t work unless I’m plugged into AC. They worked before. I checked for loose wires, fuses, etc. But all seems fine. I’m wondering if maybe the fridge itself served to complete a circuit somehow, between the AC and the DC. Does that make any sense? Hoping someone is familiar with this issue and can guide me. Thanks! 

Does the new fridge work on the battery?

Very interested in this topic, as I may be following Noa down this very same route.  I can't seem to get a peep out of the original Insta-Matic 3 way fridge so far, and may have to replace it.   

Noa - what did you buy, and what others did you consider?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 12:43 AM, Noa said:

I recently removed the old 3-way fridge from my 1985 Sunrader.  I bought a small 12 volt AC combo fridge to use instead. 
Here’s the problem. Since disconnecting the fridge, my 12 volt lights and plugs don’t work unless I’m plugged into AC. They worked before. I checked for loose wires, fuses, etc. But all seems fine. I’m wondering if maybe the fridge itself served to complete a circuit somehow, between the AC and the DC. Does that make any sense? Hoping someone is familiar with this issue and can guide me. Thanks! 

You would need to rewire these appliances to bypass the old fridge connection or ensure that the disconnection is properly terminated, so the rest of the circuit can function

removing the fridge does nothing to the circuit.  the switch to go from battery to converter isn't working

• 4 weeks later...