John Pennekamp FL Keys

MaineJed

Took our yearly trip to FL. This time got a camp site in Key Largo state park. The campground side is very clean, quiet. Water, electricity and sewer are included. Cost was something like 36 buck plus tax a night. We averaged about 10.5 mpg on the way down, from Maine. Didn’t see 1 Toyota coming down here, we camped for a week around FL before getting here too. The Toyota ran finest kind although I do need to adjust the valves this summer I believe, kinda ticky and I’m sure my mpg would increase. But all that aside, nice spot here and would recommend it!

548FE9A9-C835-4421-944F-B92E4B87C03D.jpeg

Edited by MaineJed

The extra weight may be a factor. I keep OD off and keep the speed to 60 tops. Love the convenience of these rigs, pull into any Dunkin’ or gas station no problem 

Looks like a great time in a sweet little rig. Thanks for posting!

Every time I see an awning on these, I start thinking about adding one to mine... wondering about cost/benefit.

Been in Umatilla (30 miles north of Orlando) since Mid January.

I have seen several Toyhomes around here.  Have spotted  a Sunrader in Leesburg around 441 several times.

The A340 is a tough transmission no need to do without the overdrive.