Update 1989 Cab Interior

buick

I finally got around to removing the maroon seats and door panels in my 89 rader. I was going to use Acura Integra seats in it but decided to go ahead and put in my seats from my 93 toyota sr5 pickup. The seats are uber comfortable for long distance and highly adjust able. I redid the door panels as well. What do you think?

SDC10450.jpg

SDC10451.jpg

SDC10452.jpg

SDC10453.jpg

SDC10454.jpg

SDC10455.jpg

SDC10456.jpg

SDC10456.jpgSDC10457.jpg

SDC10458.jpg

GOOD JOB,looks great

Looks good, for your next trick try something with the dash..................

Looks good. Don't stop there. Use a product called Color-Plus to change the color of the dash and steering coloumn if you think the brown looks out of place. Water based dye that works better than you could imagine. Used it on high priced European sports cars years ago.

its the commecial carpet from lowes, 54 cents a square foot. Its very pliable. Ill take some pictures of the cushions once I get them back from the upholstery shop. Unfortunately for me I am going to be selling her in April, after 2 years and 200 miles I have just never took her out. I have worked on it, put new tires on her, new tranny cooler, and the list goes on. I know ill miss her, I have had more people give me thumbs up when they drive by.

Looks Fantastic!

... I am going to be selling her in April, after 2 years and 200 miles I have just never took her out.
Wth? I guess this is labor of love. Are you planning on getting something else? Maybe another project?

I originally bought the rader for camping while doing some off road riding. Shortly after buying it I started to work on her right away weekend after next, during this same time I bought a 93 toyota extra cab truck with a camper shell. I bought a small trailer (that I was going to use with the motorhome) that I used with the 93 when camping, Its not bad for 2 or 3 nights. The other reason for selling is that I am shelling out $80 a month to store it indoors, paying insurance etc. I love this rader, but I just dont use it like I thought I would. I also caught the adventure bike bug since my buddies have been buying them and prepairing for a california to alaska trip that I want to do.

I didnt get around to painting the dash this weekend, i did however removed the last bit of shag carpeting in the uper cabinets and replaced it with the same carpeting as the rest of the interior. Looks and smells new. I'll post some pictures later in the week with the newly redone and made cushions.