Need Help to find Transmission Oil Pan Cover

They must have made a gizionan of those things there is nothing special because it's a motorhome. 

16 hours ago, Maineah said:

They must have made a gizionan of those things there is nothing special because it's a motorhome. 

And China will be making parts for the 22re and 43d for years to come due to the continuing heavy use of the Toyota pickup internationally. 

I always get concerned when we don't hear back from a newbie about the advice we offer. Especially when the information he got from his mechanic is completely wrong. Makes me wonder if this mechanic is trying to talk him into replacing the whole transmission? Jimer if you're still reading our comments, please get back to us. The site I use to find you the part is the same as would be used at a Toyota dealership. My Sunrader is also an 86 and I had to replace my transmission pan several years ago. We have the exact same transmission and I promise you the part was and is the correct one. When I was looking, I found that most salvage yards wouldn't sell just the pan. They didn't want to split them up and they wanted you to buy the whole transmission. 100 bucks for a brand new factory part sounds pretty reasonable to me. I think I paid almost the same price years ago

Linda S

23 minutes ago, linda s said:

I always get concerned when we don't hear back from a newbie about the advice we offer. Especially when the information he got from his mechanic is completely wrong. Makes me wonder if this mechanic is trying to talk him into replacing the whole transmission? 

I find that today most mechanic’s are just parts changers, hard To find one to diagnose the issue and do any research especially on an older vehicle that is not as common any longer. I find places like this site and other people around your area that drive older Toyotas and have an interest in them is the best source for info out there.

There looks to be a lot of dyslexic confusion.  There is no 843d or 843c.  OP posted the wrong prefix I suspect, it is an A and not an 8...  So I suspect his mechanic said A43D and OP initially posted 843D accidentally.  But mute point, as Linda pointed out we all have the A43D.  It is a pain in the butt to find, but the one Linda posted for you is most defiantly the correct one.  

There are three places you could also call.  LCEngineering, Summit, and Jegs.  I forget if it is Summit or Jegs, but one has a secret stash of parts they don't list on their website.  LCE also specializes in these Toyotas and carries a bunch of OEM stuff, potentially stuff not listed.   

What happened to the original pan?  While not something just any shop can do, in a pinch the original pan could probably be repaired.  But there is at least one of them still available....

I have contemplated armor plating mine.  Weld on a 1/8-1/4" steel plate.  But I don't off-road so the effort invested isn't really worth it.