As any removed the loadsensing proportioning valve and replaced it with a inline tee.  1990 Toyota Seabreeze,  have to pull the ebrake to stop in emergency situation the fronts lock up. Thanks for any information.

When we purchased ours in 2009  the same thing was happening. I put new master cylinder, bled brakes, adjusted the rear drum brakes . Still having problems. Took the proportional valve off and it was rusted tight and wouldn't work. Finally had to remove the rear wheels and brake drums and the brake cylinders were rusted tight. Replaced them with new ones and haven't had any problems since. Good luck with your problem.

Hi last spring I had the brakes ck'd out he said he put new shoes and front pads on.  Two years ago I had the whole brakes redone new rotors drums and cylinders.  This problem showed up after the first overhaul.  Thanks for the information.

I removed the valve on my build. These campers are always under “full load”, so there should always be as much braking power to the rear axle as possible

When problems pop up after a service, I always suspect the service job. Your front brakes started locking after you had the rear brake redone. If load proportioning valve is at max rear braking seems like your rear brakes are not adjusted properly or brakes not installed properly.  If that's the case removing the valve won't help.

Linda S 

There is a special bleed order on these that non-Toyota mechanics wouldn’t know, unless they specifically go looking for the info (and usually there wouldn’t be a reason to). 

I think it goes Right rear, left rear, right front, left front, and THEN the missed one the proportioning valve. You should probably double check that order in the Toyota FSM. But I’m pretty sure the first 4 steps were in the “normal” order followed lastly by the valve. 

Also read through the proportioning valve thread. Make sure it is either hooked up correctly, or bypassed right. Either tying it up or down will effectively bypass it. I forget which direction it is. 

Chances are they didn’t correctly bleed the brakes though, missing the valve step. If they opened the rear brakes (and they did if the wheel cylinders were replaced) this is a critical step. 

Edited by thewanderlustking

Oh and another gotcha on these, lube the ever living crap out of the emergency brake yoke and pivot points underneath up at the front.  This would not normally be done in a brake job.  I chased that one for over a year…. My rear brakes would randomly lock up in reverse because of that sticking and not releasing both sides….