So I've been digging through this forum and found a lot of great information while attempting to fix some broken wheel studs on the rear of my 1990 Winnebago Warrior.  After a lot of missteps, I've come to the point where I'm actually about to seat the new studs.  However, the area with the splines on the Dorman 610-339 studs I have looks just a little larger than the original studs I have taken off. For people who have used the Dorman Studs; is this normal?  Will the studs squeeze into the holes in the hub or does this not seem right? 

This may be one of those questions that isn't answerable without seeing it up close, but I was just hoping someone else may have had these doubts before installing their new studs. They seem to have worked for others on the forum and I can't see why it would be any different for my camper.  They match up to the same toyota original part number. 

41 minutes ago, MississippiMan said:

So I've been digging through this forum and found a lot of great information while attempting to fix some broken wheel studs on the rear of my 1990 Winnebago Warrior.  After a lot of missteps, I've come to the point where I'm actually about to seat the new studs.  However, the area with the splines on the Dorman 610-339 studs I have looks just a little larger than the original studs I have taken off. For people who have used the Dorman Studs; is this normal?  Will the studs squeeze into the holes in the hub or does this not seem right? 

This may be one of those questions that isn't answerable without seeing it up close, but I was just hoping someone else may have had these doubts before installing their new studs. They seem to have worked for others on the forum and I can't see why it would be any different for my camper.  They match up to the same toyota original part number. 

I doubt they’ll be exactly like factory  but should be close. Check with a good caliper, if it’s really close it should work.

Old mechanic trick. Put the studs in the freezer overnight then heat the flange before pressing the studs in. 

Last year one of my inner wheel went flat, it was the valve stem, too old and leaked. It sheared off two studs. I went to Toyota dealer, with Vin number they matched all parts. Little pricey but peace of mind to have original parts. Photo shoes all part numbers.

Best

20190727_140934.jpg

3 hours ago, V6 Seabreeze 92 said:

Last year one of my inner wheel went flat, it was the valve stem, too old and leaked. It sheared off two studs. I went to Toyota dealer, with Vin number they matched all parts. Little pricey but peace of mind to have original parts. Photo shoes all part numbers.

Best

20190727_140934.jpg

The aftermarket lug nuts I put on have a poor finish,  started rusting quickly.   Have yours started to rust??  Tried the nuts that take a special tool to remove first,  destroyed them trying to torque to 170

Edited by jjrbus

Wheel locks...https://mcgard.com/

There other styles.

Edited by WME