Toyota motorhome app?

83dolphindude

It would be awesome if someone who runs this site or one of the fb groups created an app where we can all go to discuss our Toyota motorhomes. This website by far has the best information but I always see uninformed people posting questions about their toyhomes on the Toyota motorhome club and others on Facebook and I know there are many more informed owners on this site that can help them then just on fb. Just a thought. Most forums now days have their own apps. It would, in my opinion, be a big step for this community and others to come together to share the information we've learned here and through experience. Just a thought. Am I the only one who's thought of this?

Speaking as someone without a single app added on my smart phone or iPad, I've no idea how this would work. If I want to know what's happening in the Yahoo Group(s) or FB page(s), I just go there and look. I don't see it working because I think it would require some cooperation between all and at the moment everyone seems to like their own 'kingdom' the way it is. :)

Unfortunately, this website is the only 'kingdom' related to these vehicles. Everywhere else is garbage when it comes to info but this website is painfully outdated and as I'm sure it appeals to the older folks, were living in the past over here and people are missing out because of it. But I mean, if you guys wanna stay all original that's cool but it's just gonna be the same 20 people posting on every thread here. There's an abundance of knowledge and info here but it's hard to find, navigate, respond, get notifications when someone responds etc. im not a tech guy by any means but I do have apps to help make some things easier. And if someone breaks down in their toyhome in the middle of nowhere, how awesome would it be to just search what your problem is and have it right there (given that it's already been discussed) without logging into your account, navigating the non-mobile friendly website and trying to search through a million threads. its inefficient and I know I'm not the only one who's visited this site and thought that. I'm sure people come here for info all the time but don't bother sticking around cause this website looks like it's from the 90's. it's 2017 people, we carry computers in our hands every day and if you're only using it to call/text you're doing it wrong. 

I've been lurking these treads for years but finally decided to speak up about my frustrations lol only 2 posts, what does my opinion matter? I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, I've spoken to people on the fb pages about it. No one over there knows anything about these trucks. This is a good place for resources but as far as discussions go, this place not keeping up

I'm was talking about searching for topics on an app, not on Facebook. Facebook searches are annoying, I'll agree with you there. There is 1 main group on fb with maybe 1000 members who don't communicate much and then a handful of other groups with 20-30 people who are basically irrelevant. I'm just saying, if someone over here with some pull said "hey, we're gonna start a fb group, an official one for THIS website" then people who actually know about these tricks will join. the app is a cool idea but it would take some work, so I don't blame you for not considering that but a group where the people from here could come together and communicate easier would benefit a lot of people. 

I like a group where I'm protected by the system. You don't know my full name or my email and no one else here does either unless I give it to them. Private messages sent through the group only. If you look at the Sunrader Facebook group there is just a message that he got his identity stolen from the group somehow.

Linda S.

2 hours ago, 83dolphindude said:

I'm just saying, if someone over here with some pull said "hey, we're gonna start a fb group, an official one for THIS website"

I'm still not seeing what greatness would happen if someone set up a FB page that happened to be called 'Toyota Motorhome.org'.

It seems that both FB and .org have their uses and should compliment each other,  FB is a great place for socializing and minor problems, I enjoy the chit chat and such, I would not want to try and do a search there to fix an issue with all the socializing that goes on. 

.org is great for anything that should be archived and would hate to see it devolve into a FB like site.

I can ans calls on my smart phone and send texts, I've taken a few pictures but have no idea how to add an app, nor care to learn.     

11 hours ago, jjrbus said:

I can ans calls on my smart phone and send texts, I've taken a few pictures but have no idea how to add an app, nor care to learn.     

I'm not much better. How about I start a FB page for 'Toyota Motorhome owning Luddites Club'? I could make window stickers! :)

http://www.history.com/news/ask-history/who-were-the-luddites

14 hours ago, 83dolphindude said:

I'm was talking about searching for topics on an app, not on Facebook. Facebook searches are annoying, I'll agree with you there. There is 1 main group on fb with maybe 1000 members who don't communicate much and then a handful of other groups with 20-30 people who are basically irrelevant. I'm just saying, if someone over here with some pull said "hey, we're gonna start a fb group, an official one for THIS website" then people who actually know about these tricks will join. the app is a cool idea but it would take some work, so I don't blame you for not considering that but a group where the people from here could come together and communicate easier would benefit a lot of people. 

You don't need to be a member here to access various threads. Most repair questions have already been discussed and archived.

You will not be able to post or interact with members. But a simple search should give you an answer. If not, you can always apply to join.

I've got a cheap prepaid cel phone that costs me 15 cents a minute. I do have unlimited texts, so I use it as my Smart Pager and either phone back from home or text back. No data either, so I'm not one of the Zombies I see who seem to want to know the moment a 'Friend' posts what they had for breakfast! :)

33 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

I've got a cheap prepaid cel phone that costs me 15 cents a minute. I do have unlimited texts, so I use it as my Smart Pager and either phone back from home or text back. No data either, so I'm not one of the Zombies I see who seem to want to know the moment a 'Friend' posts what they had for breakfast! :)

aaa.PNG

WHERE TO BEGIN WITH THIS. WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO AN OPINION, SO HERE IS MINE. I DO NOT FEEL THIS SITE IS "PAINFULLY OUTDATED". i DO NOT BELIEVE I AM "LIVING IN THE PAST".  I ENJOY THE "90'S LOOKING WEBSITE". NO ONE NEEDS TO TELL ME IT IS 2017. I CAN FIND OUT WHAT YEAR IT IS ON A CALENDAR, DON'T NEED TO RELY ON AN ELECTRONIC PERSONAL DEVICE TO INFORM ME OF THE DAY, DATE,  YEAR, AND TIME . WHEN I USE MY PHONE FOR CALLS OR TEXTS ONLY, I DO NOT FEEL THAT I AM "DOING IT WRONG". IT IS PERFECTLY FINE TO OFFER SUGGESTIONS ON ANY SUBJECT. BUT, (MY OPINION) IF THOSE SUGGESTIONS ARE PERCEIVED AS A BIT CONDESCENDING, AND HAVE AN ARROGANT FLAVOR , i SUSPECT THEY MAY NOT BE WARMLY ACCEPTED. ALL TOO OFTEN THERE EXISTS A MINDSET THAT SAYS, WHAT WORKS FOR THE MAJORITY, SHOULD BE CHANGED FOR A FEW , AND WHATEVER LABOR, EFFORT AND COSTS INVOLVED TO CHANGE "IT" FOR THE  BENEFIT OF THE FEW, SHOULD BE BORN BY THE MAJORITY THAT IS COMFORTABLE WITH THE STATUS QUO. BY ALL MEANS IF YOU FEEL THERE IS A VOID THAT NEEDS FILLED, FEEL FREE TO CREATE WHATEVER YOU FEEL IS SUPERIOR AND MEETS YOUR TECHNOLOGY LEVEL.  JOE FROM DOVER.

3 hours ago, Derek up North said:

Oh Jeez. I just saw this 2 hours later! Next time, I hope you post it on the latest aberration on FB. FB 'LIVE'!!

2 HOURS! Not sure if I should unfriend you or not? 

Hunkaman, I really wanted to read what you had to say but the all caps is a little excessive don't you think? And a bit annoying to read. All I'm saying is, you guys are missing out over here by not staying up to date with the times. But I understand that you older folks can be the most stubborn people around so I won't even bother arguing anymore. Your community here helps a lot of people but it's not living up to its full capacity. Not even close. You guys have the power to expand and make this place better but your are all to stubborn to see that. Whatever though, keep on doing what your doing I guess lol it would take 1 day to update the website and zero money. Where does that ad income from here go anyway????? I think you guys and gals up top in the food chain are just lazy. I'll still use this website for the archives of info but as far as asking/answering questions and communicating with members/networking I'll stick to social media. 

Asking as an apparently lazy, stubborn old guy, why haven't I noticed you asking these same questions on the younger, hipper FB and Yahoo pages? If you choose to pick up your marbles and go home, so be it. I can't stop you. Or stick around and if you're (apparently) younger  and (I guess you think) less lazy and figure out how to make the app you crave. 

I'm going for a nap. :)

Back in the old days, when the dinosaurs still roamed, keyboards had an oft pressed thing marked 'caps lock'. Seems to be missing on my smart phone and iPad.

I don't find all CAPS any more annoying than people who feel the need to laugh at their own jokes by typing lol. Especially when it's not capitalized. LOL. :)

Double tap the little arrow on your phones keyboard, bam you have cap locks. TECHNOLOGY!! WHOA!! I laugh at my own jokes, yea LOL who cares. Ha I'm just making a suggestion but you guys are pretty stuck in your ways. What a shame, lots more lotential here.  The app is a cool idea but I see how you think it's unreasonable, that I understand. Same with the fb group thing. I'm sure it would be a shane for all of you to lose your "advanced member" titles but damn how hard is it to update a website? No one has still answered the question about the ad revenue here. I think the people who frequent here deserve to know, we're the ones paying whoever runs this thing and they're obviously not using the income, even if its only a small amount towards keeping the site updated. Just looking at the main page and if I was a first time visitor I wouldn't believe anyone still actually posts here.

4 hours ago, 83dolphindude said:

And the donations people give? 

There has never been a charge to belong to this forum. The owner self funded the site for years. Any donations were "Voluntary" and never required.

I'm glad the owner is receiving ad revenue now. He deserves as much revenue as he can make.

You seem to be obsessed with the revenue stream. Why do you care? How much were you charged to join?

Maybe you could start your own site. Then all the revenue would be yours.

• 4 weeks later...

The revenue is small. As for being with it in 2017 this board is Invision Power Board. As modern and advanced as it gets and constantly upgraded by Invision Power Systems. There are three sites. Classifieds.toyotamotorhome.org which is also free for those of you selling or looking. The discussion board and Toyotamotorhomes.com. .Com has not been updated. Eventually it will be replaced with joomla software. It's creation is in the works. And as a note we stopped taking donations some time ago.

Greg don't let this guy get to you. We know all the effort you go to for this site and a look at his posts shows me almost everyone is complaining. He says he can't find stuff but he calls this the go to place for Toyota motorhomes. Well he must have seen something of value. He's never asked a single question asking for help with a problem so I'm wondering why is he even here. The rest of us love this site and think you do an awesome job.

Linda S