Interesting Reply To My Ad

toyohome

I have a current ad here for a WTB dome light for my Motorhome. I received an interesting reply to that ad which I will quote here. Please review my ad first.

Here's the quote from Robert Green, rg810806@gmail.com:

"Hi Paul,

Thanks for writing", (I did not write him). "I have a 1987 Dolphin Double interior dome light for sale in excellent condition and shape. I am asking a $200 shipped. Asking price includes shipping via UPS or FedEx which ever you prefer, and I'll accept payment via Western union or Moneygram.

What's your complete shipping address?

Thanks,

Robert"

And now to quote my response:

"$200? Really? Western Union or MoneyGram?

Who are you and where are you from?

How about if I have the local police come over and complete the transaction for me? Or perhaps you prefer the FBI Internet Fraud Division?"

As of today, I have not heard back from Robert. Do you think his price was fair? Should I have accepted his great offer on the dome light?

Has anyone ever heard of Robert Green on this forum? Was I a bit too critical and skeptical ?

I have a current ad here for a WTB dome light for my Motorhome. I received an interesting reply to that ad which I will quote here. Please review my ad first.

Here's the quote from Robert Green, rg810806@gmail.com:

I did a system search in the classifieds and discussion board for rg810806@gmail.com and found no members with that email address. Where is your ad posted, how did you receive the response? via email or the internal messaging system or what. This is important because this guy is trying to scam you, so I need to know the details to investigate if the guy is a member or if he is contacting you via outside sources. Was there an IP address associated with the response?

When I get the odd inquiries asking for name and address, my response is.

Megan Brennan

475 L'Enfant Plaza

Washington DC, 20260

Current Postmaster General, let them deal with her. : )

Yes that response is ridiculous but I'm wondering why you don't just buy a new light from ebay like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-12V-12-VOLT-DOUBLE-PANCAKE-CEILING-LIGHT-W-SWITCH-/230554700130?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ae218962&vxp=mtr

Linda S

Linda,

I was hoping to find one that matched the others in my MH. But this will work also.

Thanks.

When I get the odd inquiries asking for name and address, my response is.

Megan Brennan

475 L'Enfant Plaza

Washington DC, 20260

Current Postmaster General, let them deal with her. : )

Good idea, but I like the FBI Internet Fraud Division better. It has a nice impressive ring to it.

Good idea, but I like the FBI Internet Fraud Division better. It has a nice impressive ring to it.

FBI is ok, but someone may actually send correspondence to Megan. Wouldn't that be a Hoot!

I think that you jumped too soon...You missed a good chance to possibly grab one of these a$$ holes.....just my thoughts, Donnie