Opinions?

Debbit

Our oven is not working, all the parts were out when we bought it. I'm tempted to replace it with a new drop in 3 burner cooktop. We had a working oven in the dolphin, and I used it some, not much. Opinions?

This is what I did.

post-1172-0-84022000-1422982562_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-36729500-1422982626_thumb.jp

No, never used the oven except to store cooking things. Had more room with the two drawers. Have sold this rig and thinking of doing the same with new rig.

We use our oven frequently. We like take-n-bake bread, frozen pizzas, garlic bread, baked potatoes, etc. I would replace the oven if it quit working.

Yeah I'm an oven lover too. I would be lost without it. Camp with the kids a lot and they would be mad if I couldn't continue to make the huge stacks of pancakes in the morning. Need the oven to keep them warm until all are made. Not to mention the required brownies and muffins. I only buy real food, no frozen premade stuff, and you can't really microwave real food. At least if you intend to eat it

Linda S

we like our oven don't want too do without . other side of the coin my son has had two small pull units with only a 2 burner cook top. they used a colman oven outside.

This is what I did.

Nice job!

I'll just be finishing up installation of this same cook top in our Dolphin tomorrow. Instead of drawers underneath, I have a cabinet which opens up to two slide out wire drawer/racks to hold all of our pots and pans.

We never used the oven and found the tiny burners on the stove top to be difficult to cook on. We're really looking forward to having normal size burners and also having the piezo burner lighters so we don't have to light the burners with a match every time. Not to mention the huge amount of storage space we gain. Also, we're losing about 15 lbs net in the exchange. It's all good.

Oh, and I'm also using Atwood's fold-down cook top cover to give us extra counter space when we aren't using the cook top.

By the way, anyone interested in our old stove? It weighs, 53 lbs and I'm not interested in dealing with packing it for shipping. But if you are or will be in the Santa Fe, NM area at some point let me know. You can have the stove for free. It works fine.

By the way, anyone interested in our old stove? It weighs, 53 lbs and I'm not interested in dealing with packing it for shipping. But if you are or will be in the Santa Fe, NM area at some point let me know. You can have the stove for free. It works fine.

There ya go Debbit. Free stove only a few miles from you.

Linda S

I don't use matches use oxi actlene torch lighter lighting bug self sparking but keep matches around mite need to burn lantern mantles soory fogot do need flame for oven lighting.