Question Re Yahoo Toyota Chinook Forum

zero

Starting yesterday, I starting having problems with the Toyota Yahoo Chinook user-group. Whenever I go there now, I get all sorts of half-blank pop-up windows and cannot hardly see some of the posts. I also cannot reply since my cursor will not go to the right place.

I'm a little stumped at the moment. I've got five lap-top computers, three desk-tops. I usually use Google Chrome as my Web browser but after the problem started, I tried MS I.E. versions 7,8,9, and 11. Also Firefox 3.6.1.5 and 6.6.13. Same problem on all my computers and all these browsers. Anyone else seeing this issue? And if not, what browser are you using?

Nothing out of the ordinary to report here with the Chinook or any other Group. Windows 8.1 & Firefox 35.0

Hmmm. I wonder it that's the issue, That is, the browser. I'll try the newest Firefox and see if it makes a difference. Maybe Yahoo changed some of their Web-scripting yesterday and now only certain browsers can work with it properly. If that it the case, it's odd that they'd write a script with such poor backwards compatibility.

Well, I remain stumped. That screen-shot I posted, I think, was with I.E. version 11. Operating systems - XP Pro on one, Vista 32 bit on another, Vista 64 bit on another, and also a few Windows 7 machines. 32 bit and 64 bit. This all started yesterday. I'm usually pretty good with computer tech issues but this thing has me stumped, so far.

If I were working to triage this incident my notes would include:

• one user on one end of the WAN works fine
  • another user on another end of the WAN has white blocks problem
  • Users on other WAN have multiple PCs with same issue.
  1. This rules out the site as being the problem
  2. rules out the client pc's as the problem
  3. problem exists at provider layer or in LAN router.

* with assumption that all affected clients are not all infected with a virus or malware.

I have no idea what JDE has, but I got the exact same thing. Both with IE and Firefox.

Everything still normal here with both Firefox and IE.

Maybe (if you're able) you'd get more responses if you posted your problem directly on the Yahoo Groups.

I can't post. That is one of the issues. I cannot get my cursor to go into a "reply" box. It lands out in one of those blank boxes and I cannot enter anything. I might try it later on my wife's new laptop that has Windows 8.1. She does not want me too since she fears I'll "break it." But she burns up laptops often and I'm the one that keeps re-formatting the hard-drives or putting in new ones. So it only seems fair I get to try out her new "Walmart special." I also have a Droid Mini (basically used as a phone) that has Web-access. I usually never use it for that purpose but maybe I'll try it just to see.

Update. I tried my wife's laptop with Windows 8.1 and the newest Google-Chrome browser. All looked good except there was no "reply" button showing anywhere we could find.

I just went back to my older compuers and now everything is working fine Even with my old XP machine and IE7.

Seems to me Yahoo screwed with something yesterday that messed up cross-compatibility. Now it seems to be fixed.

Fixed here too. Never did nothing.