I'm the proud, new owner of a 91 Micro Warrior Winnebago. Wife and I have been dying to get one of these for years, so we're pretty thrilled.

However, it has just come to my attention that this vehicle is right at 80k, and I've found zero evidence that the t-belt on the V6 was ever changed!! Should I be peeing my pants while driving it anywhere at this point? Thoughts/Recommendations?

Appreciate the help; I'm not new to car/truck repair, but I've definitely got a lot to learn about RVing.

Schedule calls for replacement at 60,000 miles but it's a non interference engine so if it breaks you will just stop. Not do major damage. You should also check with Toyota and see if the head gasket recall was ever done.

Linda S

Correction not a recall. Ask them about the Special Service Campaign VO6 and give them your vin

Thanks, Linda. I did verify the HG repair before purchasing (via the dealer and Carfax). I'm mostly just concerned that, once we get out on a decent road trip, we'll get stranded due to the t-belt. 23 years + 80k miles seems like a ton of wear on a belt.

I've done the TB job a few times on other vehicles, and it's a pain. But, maybe I should just suck it up, get it done, for the peace of mind...

The water pump is buried behind the timing belt and is driven by the flat side of the timing belt so a water pump may be in your future also.

The water pump is buried behind the timing belt and is driven by the flat side of the timing belt so a water pump may be in your future also.

Do you, or anyone else, know which water pump I need? (There's one with a small pipe for an oil cooler and one without.) Thanks!

The 3L had an oil cooler? Guess I have never seen one with a cooler. It maybe for a tow package pickup my 4L Tacoma has one. Have a look at your oil filter assembly and see if it has water lines.

my 93 winnie warrior came with a tranny cooler. the 92 itasca spirit I had did not.

I am thinking of doing my timing belt at 90k - almost there.

as I read the manual, there is no mileage limit for "regular duty" use - heavy use is at 90k.

note that doing the valve adjustment requires taking the intake off (the "top" of the engine) -- doing the timing belt requires taking off the front"). I asked my local toy dealer for a quote - about $600 -- includes new water pump, all the seals and tensioners.

not sure if all this neccessary - but if one has to go back in afterwards I presume they will not be a happy camper

as I read the manual, there is no mileage limit for "regular duty" use - heavy use is at 90k.

There's more than miles to consider. There's also time. I don't know of too many that consider a Toyota MH as being anywhere near 'Regular Duty'. :)

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCgQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Faam-europe.contitech.de%2Fpages%2Fdownloads%2Fdocs%2FPoster-Wechselintervalle-Meilen_en.pdf&ei=mAboU86xJ4T2yQTMnoLgCg&usg=AFQjCNFfHVaMIS0bGvhg7dgdCYKdnEKfPQ&bvm=bv.72676100,d.aWw

The FSM Maintenance Schedule calls for the timing belt to be replaced at 60k miles.

1maintena.pdf

Yeah, my owner's manual (Yes, all the manuals were with RV!) said the same thing about 60K; that's what was worrying me. I'm mostly done with the job now, and I have to say that the belt wasn't in bad shape. There were no chips/tears, although it did have an reddish, discolored look about it. Since the truck has 80K and is 23 years old, t-belt must've been changed at some point after all... or maybe those Toyo belts are crazy strong!

Anyway, I ended up doing t-belt, water pump, idler pulleys, drive belts, thermostat, new upper/lower rad hoses, and coolant flush. (No valve adjustment this time because, as mentioned above, that's a very different job on the 3.0.)

I would not do it any other way all that stuff is buried way in there my son did his six cyl four runner said the belt was all but ready to go .those tensioners wear its a do it all while you are there.