Who Was The Best Coach Builder, Itasca, Winni, Dolphin, Sunrader, Odyssey, Other?

lester

Dolphin s have a history of being more leaky than most. Sunraders can leak but won't rot. There are some aluminum framed, fiberglassed paneled MH, Escaper, and some others, again leaks but not much rotting.

The Americana is fiberglass and is OK if the cabover is attached to the house correctly

Most all the rest are wood framed with aluminum siding or some have Filon (fiberglass) siding. With these the care it received by the PO's is often more important than the who the MFG was.

not shure think the winnabago has metal frameing. I think the climate and yes pride of owner care make a big difference. I have a dolphin reasanble good shape was sold new in orgeon st I bought it in the Yakima vally of Washington where I live has very little rust or big things so far but this vally is a hot dry climate mor conducive to preservation. not so must rust or rot here.

the sunrader is a good choice even more for those who live in a weter zone. I don't think I get 6 inches of rain a year here heat damage is something I have to watch for more here.

forgot about that as all my windows are glass I have seen that happen to other rvs canopys around here. older pickup campers around here often have it

My Sunrader windows look fine for a 28 year old vehicle. For plastic sitting in the sun I'd say they wear pretty well. I've seen some old 70's Amerigo campers with perfect windows and they are the same wrap around ones but even bigger.

Linda S

They are 30 plus years old. And yours are the big ones. Some last and some don't. Mine spent the first 17 years in Southern Cal. Almost no crazing and just curve inward a little bit but not anything I would call warped. I have seen probably hundreds of Sunraders and the vast majority were fine. I've looked at least 6 in just the last 2 months for other people.

Linda S

One of my sunrader windows is warped in. The other is crazed and has a crack. It can leak a little if the rain is just right. I had a dolphin and it wasn't as well built or designed as my sunrader. But my dad just bought a dolphin and it is much better built and designed than the dolphin I owned. So there are different levels of coaches and different floor plans and layouts. I love my dad's dolphin, it has some super nice features. And yes, the way the toy home has been cared for is a big consideration.

And some layouts are better for maintenance and repairs.