Oregon To Vancouver,bc

darrel

Starting a road trip this Friday from Grants pass, Or to Vancouver Island, BC. Will be Attending a sea food fest in Charleston, Or this weekend and do a little clamming with a minus tide. Moving north along the coast highway to Washington. Then inland to Sumner, WA for my 50th class reunion. Don't have a schedule after that but will be attending a toy get together at the Living Forest camp ground on Vancouver Island. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. After that work our way south and go to the Western Washington fair or as it is known as the "Puyallup Fair". This is going to be so nice to get away from the heat we have been having here. FOUR BELLS

post-1172-0-34721900-1407242967_thumb.jp

post-1172-0-81032000-1407243128_thumb.jp

FOUR BELLS

We've made it to Winchester Bay. Maybe get up the road more than 50 miles today. Caught two crabs yesterday. Had them for dinner. Home grown tomato's, crab, wine, potato chips, and music. It was good.

post-1172-0-25184000-1407694388_thumb.jp

Puyallup = onion burger

Last night we were at Warrenton Marina over looking the Columbia river, close to Astoria. Dry camping on the grass. It rained a bit and the fog set in. Sure beats the 100 degrees we have at home. Fried oysters for dinner.

Pulled over near Bay Center for the night. Its a old road exiting town with the best blackberries ever. Gun made a batch of blackberry jam. Rained all night and still raining. Like it.

I think I might be needing the GPS locations for that spot! I like quiet boondocking pull overs and will be traveling that route every year.

Ditto!

• 2 weeks later...

We will try to get GPS locations for that spot and have found others free out-of-site locations. Meanwhile I haven't posted for a while. Attended my 50th class reunion, went very well. Met one of my brothers, his wife and her brother and husband at Port Townsend and road tripped for a while. Hopping the ferry tomorrow for Vancouver Island..... Does anyone know the location of this picture???

post-1172-0-44462200-1409183843_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Have been out of cell and internet range. Back on USA soil, so sad to leave Vancouver Island. Had more than a great time at the TOY-in, Living Forest In Nanaimo, with old and new friends. Heading south to Whidbey Island and down 101. I see that know one has recognized the photo I posted. It is in Sekiu Washington on the straight of Juan de Fuqua. It is hand carved wood.

• 2 weeks later...

Got home last night. Traveled 3468 miles, used 251.764 gallons of fuel at 13.445MPG. Not good but what was to be expected. Used 1/4 quart of oil. Some of the GPS locations for free to 20 dollars are, "Charleston, Oregon" " 43degrees 20'59.41" N by 124degrees 20'27.26" W " this place is on the ocean below Bettendorf state park. Sign says "maximum stay 24 hours" we stayed two days but were gone during the day. No camping fee. "Hammond, Or" close to Astoria, Or. This is a camp ground with no hook-ups on the water with a marina. 15-20 dollars don't remember. " 46degrees 12'18.42"N by 123degrees 57'09.51:W" BayCenter,WA 46degrees 36'44.34"N by 123degrees 54'58.84"W This is not a camp ground but a dead end road with a river and tide flat. Lots of birds, quiet, and close to South Bend, WA.

On the above post I forgot to mention that we saw 56 Toyota motorhomes and one Nissan motorhome either on the road or parked. Today I saw 3 more just in my own city.