Kitchen Faucet For 1994 Warrior

I need a new one, mine won't turn off so can't hook up to shore water, but just use my holding tank and pump. Where do I buy one?

There are basically two types a 4" and an 8" center any home supply big box will have some thing to replace it with lots of choices they are no different that a home faucet..

I like this bar faucet. I think it'll fit the small scale of the tiny double sink and the high spout lets you fill a bucket. But before buying a bar faucet, make sure it swivels (assuming you have a double sink), because many don't. Even if you have a single sink, a swivel will let you get it out of the way. Every inch counts! :)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-2-Handle-Bar-Faucet-in-Polished-Chrome-3310-140-CH-B-Z/203875360

I like this bar faucet. I think it'll fit the small scale of the tiny double sink and the high spout lets you fill a bucket. But before buying a bar faucet, make sure it swivels (assuming you have a double sink), because many don't. Even if you have a single sink, a swivel will let you get it out of the way. Every inch counts! :)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-2-Handle-Bar-Faucet-in-Polished-Chrome-3310-140-CH-B-Z/203875360

I tried a bar faucet and it didn't work on my single sink or the double in my Tiger Provan. I wish. Would have been nice to have some more height

Linda S

What is this 4" and 8" thing? The one I have measures 8" from faucet to faucet, this one doesn't say. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-2-Handle-Bar-Faucet-in-Polished-Chrome-3310-140-CH-B-Z/203875360

OK......there are 3 holes, right? The hot knob, then the faucet and then the cold knob. So......what do I measure from/to? Knob to knob it is 8". Sorry for my density.

I need a new one, mine won't turn off so can't hook up to shore water, but just use my holding tank and pump. Where do I buy one?

Can't just repair what you have? The faucet wouldn't shut off on my 1988 Minicruiser. I pulled the the assembly (cartridge) out and took it down to Home Depot. They had a new cartridge replacement hanging on the wall for $7. Perfect fit. I bought two and keep a spare.

So......what do I measure from/to? Knob to knob it is 8".

There are 2 North American Standards: 4" and 8". You obviously have an 8". Though you've measured between knobs, the standard is actually between the plumbing connections (and holes in the counter) because some fixtures have a single lever.

There are 2 North American Standards: 4" and 8". You obviously have an 8". Though you've measured between knobs, the standard is actually between the plumbing connections (and holes in the counter) because some fixtures have a single lever.

Actually there are 3 North American standards. 4", 6", and 8". Everything in my house is 6" here in NY. Same with my house in Michigan. 6" is becoming uncommon and several companies now sell convertible faucets that are adjustable from 6" to 8".

To the original poster - you measure the centers of the two water hookups (hot and cold). Most any faucet can be repaired when it won't shut off. My 1988 Minicruiser and my 1986 Winnebago both take Phonenix cartridge replacements that Home Depot has right on the shelf. Takes 5 minutes to change one. I'm sure there are others used in other RVs. I simply pull the cartridge and take it down to a store to match it up with something. If by chance you cannot find a replacement - just buy a $20 4" bathroom faucet assembly. Must easier though just to fix what you have.

post-6578-0-41919900-1405338140_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-31813400-1405338141_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-62592200-1405338142_thumb.jp

I prefer the K.I.S.S. principal. There are 'common' Standards (4" & 8") and virtually impossible to find Standards (6" - 16" widespread). :)

My definition of a 'Common Standard' is what you'll easily find on the shelf at your big box store.

6" faucets were very common in my area of NY 50 years ago. To me - 50 years is not very old considering many houses around here are 150-200 years old. Mine was built in 1820 (the original part of it). But yes - today - when someone needs a new 6" faucet they will likely wind up with a 6" to 8" convertible. I just bought a new one a few months ago. The 6" standard is making a small comeback because many people are using "retro" farm-type wide porcelain sinks and many of them, if not most - used 6" faucets. I used to rip them out and junk them. Now they are worth a bit of money. They get re-enameled and installed in new houses or remodel jobs. Same with the old claw-foot tubs except there are also a lot of new repros being made now. Still many households in my area with 6" faucets. Local hardware store even stocks them.

By the way -when I said "north American standard" - I only meant the United States. Not Canada, not Mexico, etc. Since we US people are the only ones that commonly refer to ourselves as "Americans" - there is reason to use such an inaccurate reference. Anyway, I haven't a clue what Canadians use for faucets now -or 75 years ago. I have a nice Canadian floor-model radio here and that is confusing enough since it's made for 50 cycle current.

Looked at some pics of other Warrior's the same year and Chris does appear to have an 8 inch faucet. Just means you have even more choices at Home Depot or Lowes. Just find one that fits your budget and looks nice

Linda S

Cuba is a favourite destination for vacations for Canadians. I've never been, personally.

I've heard no mention of Cuba or any other Caribbean nations joining NAFTA.

Yeah and you guys can even bring back cigars! You would think the US would have gotten over Castro by now.

You can purchase faucets that have a single post in the center with spout and a single handle control. At the base is a cover that spans over the original holes.

Just head to Lowes or Home Depot and you will find a number of choices for that type. You won't have to worry what distance apart the original faucet handle holes were. Also it is so much easier to clean around one protrusion than clean around three of them.

Yes . . but why replace an entire faucet just because the water won't turn off. Easier and cheaper just to replace the faulty cartridge.

Yeah and you guys can even bring back cigars! You would think the US would have gotten over Castro by now.

The US was embarrassed by JFK's feeble attempts to assassinate Castro. Also by the missle-crisis stand-off with Cuba that Einsenhower and JFK actually started. That by installing missles made by Chrysler and pointing them at Russia from our base in Turkey. It was a huge mess that US newpapers often lied about - trying make Castro the bad guy in it all.

That being said -there was also an attack on Canada from US soil that was also a big embarrassement at the time. Most of it was launched from New York State. The great "Fenian Raids" led by a bunch of drunken Irishmen and supposedly supported by our president at the time. One of those drunken Fenians invented one of the first successful US submarines. There is also a city in Nebraska names after one of the leaders in the attack on Canada. City of O'Neill.

Yes . . but why replace an entire faucet just because the water won't turn off. Easier and cheaper just to replace the faulty cartridge.

These motorhome manufacturers weren't know to use high end fixtures. The old faucet is 20 years old. New ones can be bought pretty cheap so that's what I would do.

Linda S

These motorhome manufacturers weren't know to use high end fixtures. The old faucet is 20 years old. New ones can be bought pretty cheap so that's what I would do.

Linda S

Hey . . . to each his own. The only moving parts that wears in most of those faucets are the two cartridge. Hot and cold. When a new one cost $8 and takes 5 minutes to change - I don't see the gain of replacing the entire faucet assembly. That is unless someone wants a faucet that looks different.

Hey . . . to each his own. The only moving parts that wears in most of those faucets are the two cartridge. Hot and cold. When a new one cost $8 and takes 5 minutes to change - I don't see the gain of replacing the entire faucet assembly. That is unless someone wants a faucet that looks different.

Or just looks nice instead of 20 years old. Chris is also a woman and I think she knows what I'm talking about. This motorhome is not just something to go camp in. It's her home and where she entertains friends. Looking nice is a good thing

Linda S

Or just looks nice instead of 20 years old. Chris is also a woman and I think she knows what I'm talking about. This motorhome is not just something to go camp in. It's her home and where she entertains friends. Looking nice is a good thing

Linda S

That's what I meant by "looking different." Maybe that's one man's way of saying making it "look better. " In my case - I got two new cartridges and two new handles. The handles were my choice to make it look better. The old round clear plastic ones looked kind of lousy. New right-angle chrome and porcelain caught my eye and Home Depot had ones to fit my rig, no problem. I understand why many want to change things for appearance sake. I was just addressing the original post about fixing when the water won't shut off. For that - replacing the cartridge is the cheapest and easiest.

I have a 94 Warrior and have replaced the faucet. It is 8" on center.

My 88 Minicruiser has faucets with a mix of metal and plastic. Look enough to suit me and my wife; Certainly no better or worse then the rest of the RV. They work, look OK, and have repair parts available at just about any plumbing supply or Home Depot/Lowes. Can't say the same for some of my farm tractors of the same vintage or automobiles. Can't even buy a rear driveshaft support from Dodge for my 1998 AWD Grand Caravan. Obsolete -according to them.

By the way - in case anybody ever needs a "quick fix" for a white kitchen-sink back wall. Mine got trashed a few months ago when something broke through the wall and window. Home Depot had white, washable writing-boards for $10. I used one of those. Works nice for a quick fix and no messing with wall paper. White, glossy, and washable.

post-6578-0-84647200-1405510210_thumb.jp

post-6578-0-84002400-1405510211_thumb.jp