Rocky Dinette Table

nooga

I don't know if this is the proper forum for this problem but can't find another more suitable. Problem: My dining table sits between two bench seats (that converts into a bed) on one metal leg. We can't get it to sit firmly in the stand; it rocks back and forth when we eat. I don't like it but it drives my wife batty. Does anyone else have the same problem and, more important, does anyone have a solution. Thanks in advance.

Derek--The post seems to be okay. I'm all for improvising but looking for suggestions. Right now, we are looking for something to wedge into the hole to tighten it up. Will keep looking for other options.

As a temp fix I would use a shop rag or fiberglass window screen over the hole, then wedge the post in.

try a little duct tape around post....

I just bought a new one for under $9.. might be the way to go and be done with it..

your floor mount is secured to floor /does not move when table moves....

If you lived close to me I have an extra column and floor mounts that you could get. Unfortunately, it would cost more to ship than to buy new ones.

The posts are tapered and with age the taper is driven deeper to the point they bottom out.

Thanks for all the good suggestions and the offer for a new leg. The one I have looks petty good. My local RV dealer sez there is a metal bracket that attaches to the wall and goes under the table to provide support. One of the tech guys told me it would be cheaper and easier to buy a 1x1 board, screw it to the wall where it would support the table. He said some of the manufacturers are now adding that simple device to their new RVs. Bottom line: He said all the one-leg tables are unsteady.

Well, you can't blame them. You try standing on one leg and see how stable you are! :)

While balancing a burger in one hand and a beer in the other!

I gets really difficult when you add deep fried onion rings to the menu to add your daily supply of vegetables.