2013 Toyota Motorhome

Toobigboat2014

I'm curious to know if it's possible to transfer my 1993 toy seabreeze on to a 2013 toyota Tacoma pick up truck?

My neighbor son recently total his 2013 Tacoma pick up, it is heavenly damage in the rear. He said that he has the option to buy the salvage pick up truck for a reasonable price ($4500) than sell it to me for $5500.

It's a v6 with only 21k miles. (Two door no cab) With that said, how much money would it take to transfer my seabreeze over, is it even possible?

Down side it that I'm gonna have a salvage toy. But I'm willing to exchange that for comfort.

Anyone?

Depends on many things.

If it's only body damage to the truck (doubtful), and none to the axle or frame, then it'll "just" be the cost of the swap. I have no idea what that will cost.

If you're having someone else do it, assuming you can even find someone who is willing to do fabrication (start looking for offroad shops), I'll just throw a number out there and say...$5,000.

What are your labor costs where you live? It's going to take probably over 40 hours. Not including material costs, whatever those might be. I guess you'd have to start with finding a one ton axle.

Doable, if you have some money to throw around, and it would be pretty cool.

Max weight rating is 5500 lbs compared to your rigs 6000. Existing full floater and front hubs from yours would probably have to be switched to the newer vehicle for safety. Frame would have to be extended. Cab cut if you wanted to keep the walk through. Coach would have to be jacked up like a house and then transferred to new chassis. All the wiring done to connect coach to new truck. Crazy big job. I'm guessing 10 grand minimum. Probably more.

Linda S

Wow that's so expensive.... Btw the rear frame is totally gone.

I was thinking if I could use my existing axle and rear frame.

Tomo I'm gonna asking some low budget body shop to see if they can give me like a quote.

I wonder if I can just use the 2013 engine. Even tho I have a v6 it's so under power. I can't image how the 4 banger would perform.

We are still planning an epic 12000 miles tour this July to the flowing cities:

Portland. Oregon 3 days

Yellowstone 2 days

Mt Rushmore 1 day

Chicago 3 days

Niagara falls 1 day

New York 5 days

Atlantic city 1 day

Washington, D.C. I day

Orlando 1 day

Miami. 2 days

Key west. 5 days

New Orleans 2 days

Houston tx. 1 day

Flagstaff. 1 day

That's a 5 lug suspension and a short wheel base (109" your Toy home is 136"). Great engine/trans though would be a bit of a nightmare to deal with the wiring.

You can have quite, comfort, room and not so great mpg OR you can have better mpg and less speed, room and comfort. But you cant have room, comfort, speed and good mpg. Thats just the way things are in the rv world, you set your priorities and live with the result.

Toobigboat2014,

Judging from what you're trying to get from your Toyota motorhome, I'd say you've got the wrong rig. Toyota motorhomes aren't for everyone. Maybe you should look into a more powerful, slightly bigger rig. Some of the Chevy and Ford powered RV's can get almost as good mileage as a Toyota, particularly if the Toyota RV is driven at 65 to 70 mph on the interstate. Now would be a good time to sell your Toyhome since Spring is just around the corner (at leas it was last year!).

John

there are a LOT of things that could wrong. If you actually pull it off, after spending a lot of time & money you will have a one of a kind camper - which will mean you will never recover all you spent on that camper.

my advice - keep it stock, if "it" is not to your liking, decide what you want & go get it.

I just think that sometimes it's our job around here to crush people's dreams. I mean if you're asking on a motorhome forum, you probably don't have the skills or money to get it done. Otherwise you'd just do it, not go to strangers on the internet to ask about it.

So if you have the abilities, whether financial or technical, to get this kind of job done, you can and will ignore anything we say here. If we manage to scare you away from the idea, then it's probably for the best...You don't have the resources to get it done anyways.